I think this is what a good leasing on opportunity looks like... but educate me.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by boredsocial, Dec 26, 2017.

1. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Wait, is this for flatbed? I was under the impression that this is for vans. Rates will be crazy high for flats in spring. I doubt you will get many people wanting to sign up. Vans yes, but flats no...

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah the backhaul is lowballed to ####. That’s intentional. It's 700 miles back at 2 bucks a mile currently. Back on planet earth the broker-carrier spot on that lane has been hanging out between 2.50-2.75 per mile. I'm not going to phone it in while the market is good... But I don't want to build business plans around the biggest spot market any of us have ever seen basically.

And Rollin Coal said it earlier in the thread: for obvious reasons I should be going direct as fast as humanly possible on both sides. This is absolutely the goal... And will very likely result in revenue per truck numbers that are much higher.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Will you be the drivers friend too? Or are you going to be a boss?

Is this all dispatched? Forced dispatch?

5. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    This may be a good place where people that can't get on with a company like Landstar, for whatever reason (s), can scratch out a living for 40 cents on the dollar, until they can get leased on. Probably good for 3rd or 4th chance drivers with a couple roll overs and such.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    The world is a lot bigger than Landstar you know? They don't have an exclusive domain on great discounts or good freight but they do a good job nickle and diming deductions I know that.

7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I could book a dozen trucks with outstanding freight for the next two weeks, and it's Saturday night, and the REALLY good stuff isn't even up. Did you know that?

8. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Well what are you waiting for?

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  9. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Is it outstanding freight to a guy that's only been leased to landstar: or would people that have run the open market and/or have/had their own customers think it's outstanding as well?

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Well lets use the number quoted on this thread as a gage to your question. How do you find this freight?

11. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Van freight two weeks in advance that's outstanding? Not everyone has the same standards. Haven't seen much of anything in this thread that raised an eyebrow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.