I want get a CDL, to be a gasoline tanker delivery driver

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SAP, Oct 16, 2018.

1. SAP

SAP Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2018
    hi,
    I want to apply for the "General Knowledge" test. I want to pass CDL A. My question is which of the GK topics I need to prepare to pass GK test.
    I want to be a gasoline tanker delivery driver, within Texas. I know I have to have CDL A, but for initial written test what topics I need to prepare.
    Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

The whole general knowledge book. You need a cdl or permit cdl before you can get a tank and hazmat endorsement.

Is this a trick question im missing?

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    IS this some kind of trick question?

If you are under 25, chances are very good you are not at that age for insurance reasons in fuels.

Anyway, Tanker, Airbrake, combination, General knowledge, Hazmat (This will take two months or less plus a special in person interview for threat assessment with TSA and Homeland Security)

Then as a related study you need to memorize the color coding pertaining to fuels. Most gas stations etc have them under plain copper lids now as a form of defense against theft. Take a sheet of paper, draw circles. Then use crayon to fill in one type of coding inside that circle. In a few days you will be bored, but you will know on sight what that particular color combination is. The second week pick up the next code Such as midrange unleaded etc. And continue to draw the correct first code you learn and label both correctly.

You will be told explicitly you will not touch a cell phone or anything that generates static electricity up top when loading.

You will find a form of harrassment as you run back and forth for that one more delivery to make even though you might not have the hours to do it.

Once a year someone gets tired and sleepy prior to sunrise and gets cremated when the gasoline tanker goes up after they crash near Baltimore in one of two particular junctions.

5. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Now why you gotta drag Coraluzzo into it. Lmao

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    1) general knowledge, 2) combination vehicles, 3) air brakes

4) then the endorsements for tanker, and it wouldn't hurt to get double/triples as well

then you need to be finger-printed and have a background check done, then when you pass those, you have to take the hazmat written test.

x1Heavy and REO6205 Thank this.
  7. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    twic card if your going into the ports to pick up fuel

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.