I Wonder What The MOT Would Say On This Load

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    All I can say is not on my trailer.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That rail car is probably in excess of about 30,000. Notice he did not have the hydraulic pump big enough to do a dead lift in center although he tried. (Note busted window in center)

I know what a 6 yard bucket CAT 936 can do, Ive done it. But this thing is a poor way to load. Botched all around with increasing damage as far as I am concerned. I might even go far as to state that trailer is not suitable for that particular load.

4. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    that rail car was going to the scrapyard, how it gets loaded really doesn’t matter. i would also refuse loading if it were my trailer.

my very first trip in a truck was a similar situation. we had to run out in the sticks to recover a drill rig that had very slowly tumbled down a mile long hill. it was an old aardco chassis, non articulating. it was a mess. we used a huge excavater to load it and clean up the pieces. it took forever bc the crash site was so far off the road. cool experience, though. they ended up pulling that old detroit engine and putting it in another chassis. those things were tough as nails.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I'd like to see pictures of the aluminum deck after all that turning and sliding.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    It was hauled by Jacks Trucking but I could not see a DOT number anywhere on the truck and it looked like there were only three pieces of securement. The length alone you need 4.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.