I worked for Arnold for 6 years

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by Tobin, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Tobin

Tobin Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    Five of those years were working out of their Dayton terminal on the GM account. That worked out pretty good. I was a local driver, home every day with the weekends off. I didn't make a ton of money, but I didn't need to either. I also worked out of that same terminal for a year in the midwest fleet. I was grossing about $1100 a week on that gig and was home one night a week and on the weekends. Not a bad deal at all.

Then they started losing more and more of that GM freight as they cut production down at the plant. I decided that it was time to move on. I actually waited longer than I should have to move on because I got into a little bit of a money problem, but I'd been there for a while and the thought of change made me wary.

Well that GM plant finally closed down totally in December of last year. There were somewhere around 40 drivers dedicated to that account, several of them with over 10 years at Arnold. I know they couldn't absorb them all in the midwest fleet and many of them needed to be home daily anyway.

I think they still have a terminal in Dayton and also about 20 minutes away from there in Fairborn. I ought to go in there and say hi and be nosey. :biggrin_25519:
    I quit Arnold in 2006, not long after US Xpress started buying up the place. I've got some good and bad memories from there- more good ones than bad ones. But I'm not going back there.

truckdriver402 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.