I35 W open? Closed?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by CDL CPL, Oct 22, 2017.

1. CDL CPL

CDL CPL Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Iowa
    Heading down to HEB in Temple TX. When route planning we are seeing tons of closures southbound. Has anybody gone through there or know if its closed at night (9pm-6am). Also if it is closed, is there a detour in place or anyone know a better route? Any info is useful. Thanks for help!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    https://drivetexas.org/#/7/32.340/-99.478?future=false

You can also view future conditions and closures.

They generally provide fairly easy and well marked bypass routes

I came down from Dallas Sunday morning/afternoon to San Antonio and traffic flowed exceptionally well. I noticed all the night-time close signs but did not pay much attention to them. That's another reason I don't like driving nights if I can avoid it - miss a lot of night time closures.

CDL CPL Thanks this.
  4. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Medium Load Member

Apr 16, 2016
    South Texas
    I drive 35 - 35W between Austin and Oklahoma several times a week usually at night. It's rare that there's any slow downs unless there's an accident.

Lepton1 and CDL CPL Thank this.
  5. CDL CPL

CDL CPL Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Iowa
    Idk why google saying its closed..there was nothing closed and traffic was a breeze. Google seriously needs to update or something, usually its helpful in planning

6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Some ramps are closed, not the whole highway.

Kalin72 Thanks this.
  7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Because Texas just LOVES to shut down a I-35 for construction at night, putting all traffic on a frontage road. Normally running from OKC to San Antonio is a breeze, but if they start closing sections, then it is slower than running in daytime.

I haven't had any experience with closures on I35W through Fort Worth. I wouldn't hold it past them. If possible take the 820 bypass to I-20, then back west to catch I35W.

All the night time full closures were in the Austin area. Three in one night put me three hours behind schedule.

PacoTaco Thanks this.
  8. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Medium Load Member

Apr 16, 2016
    South Texas
    35 in Round Rock (exit 253) will be closed tonight and tomorrow night from 10p to 10a. Traffic will be diverted to the frontage roads.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.