I70 triple fatality, OH-IN state line

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by disoba, Oct 9, 2019.

1. disoba

disoba Light Load Member

May 7, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Yuck man. I didn't even hear about it locally.

ASSURED CLEAR DISTANCE people!! Probably the number one reason for everything ever ever.

I have said for years that I wish we all had the dots on the road like I have seen in PA. Teach peolle to leave 3 dots in between and then ticket them if they don't. Simple.

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Those dots are awesome, i think more states should try it. It gives people a visual of how much following distance they should keep... I wonder what the numbers on those things are in terms of if it has reduced crashes

Mattflat362 and Bud A. Thank this.
  5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Oh those talented drivers of not wanting to pay attention until after they are impacting others.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  6. Blowcanner1975

Blowcanner1975 Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2017
    Hoosierland
    Maybe one day they will come up with an app that alerts drivers when they have less than three "dots" following distance? I know they have technology through the on board telemetry, but people ignore thode warnings, too busy looking at their #### phones...

7. BazookaJoe

BazookaJoe Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2018
    My truck has Bendix it tells me what speed the vehicle in front of me is going and how many seconds I am away.
    Really helpful to get in the passing lane early.
    I can also see the jokers speed up when I get into passing lane cause some think that’s fun. You know who you are.

8. War-Eagle

War-Eagle Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Visual aids aren't worth anything if the operator is busy with their cell phone (or other distraction).

This is a tragic accident. There's no telling what the driver that initiated the accident was doing. A lot of stuff happens at 60-70MPH and a momentary distraction can get you in really deep if the eyes aren't looking at what's coming.

RIP to all!!

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.