If I just quit CR England will swift buy out my contract?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by New trucker 25, Apr 8, 2016.

1. New trucker 25

New trucker 25 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I did part of the training 180 hours with CRE. I came home and quit. Want to work for swift but I owe CRE. What's the chances of me going to swift. Are my cdls good with swift?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Some of them maybe. :|

4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    What are cdls. Just curious cause you only get one

5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    100% shoe in you got it no worries unless you signed one of those docs that says your not quitting halfway through training and going to another driving company and there's a 97% chance you did

6. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    They can't really force you to do anything with this 'contract.' They can threaten you with a small claims lawsuit for breach of contract. They likely will not send a lawyer to show up to such a hearing. They would have to file this hypothetical lawsuit in your own county of residence. Do you know what that means? They can't have a lawyer go to small claims court. It means they have to fly a representative to your location, put them up in a hotel, and pay that individual hourly to testify against you. To recoup their measly $5k. I even think , some case law somewhere, states these contracts are unconscionable and therefore unenforceable. Screw them. Move on with your life.

TigerShark, scottied67 and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    You like white trucks more than red?

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    lol...

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Swift & CRE are two sides of the same coin. Just stay at CRE and tough it out for six months, even three months.
    CRE is NOT the weirdest experience you will ever have. You would need to go to CRST for that.
    Now I will say dry freight is much better than refrigerated. It's just a lot less hassle.
    I started at CRE 11 years ago, did three months, and went to JBH, and it was like died and went to heaven. But I paid cash for the school, so I was under no obligation to stay.

rabbiporkchop and TigerShark Thank this.
  10. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Well you are a glutton for punishment..... Cr England to Swift I don't think there are any any other companies that get dumped on more.... Good luck...

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  11. truckbuddha

truckbuddha Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    BS! to the comment made, that Swift and CRE are two sides of the same coin. Swift does treat it's drivers with respect. Sure people quit, these forums are flooded with people leaving CRE night and day. However most are not cut out for this industry or life style in the first place. Lots of times, that is the underlying reason for leaving any trucking company.

Life is all about trying new things, some things are great, others are a wrong and bad choice. People complain about almost every trucking company out here. Some cheer and love the places they are at. Each person is different. The ones that aren't made out to be truckers, leave and never want to come back. While the rest of us stay.

Good luck to you on your choice. Swift is good one. 20,000 plus drivers can't be wrong. And yeah, its kindergarden out here, lots of jokes, rude comments, but talk to a few Swift drivers and see, the company really isn't all that bad.

Remember, mostly its due to the lifestyle and the person not cut out for the job, not so much the company they are with.

just thoughts,

don

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.