If someone could help me find this carrier..

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by K_R, Mar 20, 2021.

1. K_R

K_R Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2020
    I'm not driving yet but while looking around I thought I bookmarked a carrier where their pitch was that they are a very family-friendly and understanding workplace. They stated that if you just started with them and had an emergency or needed time off they'd work with you, no hassle. But the sense I got was this company really stands out from the others as a family-friendly place to work. If someone could list a few, I'd for sure know it if I ran into them. I remembered some of the video presentations, just can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    All trucking companies make that same claim.

4. K_R

K_R Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Yea, I realize I'm not giving much to go off of but this one really stood out from the other carriers that made the same claim. It was so persuasive I was sold on the pitch, not gonna lie lol But that's why I'd like to get the name so I can search these boards.

5. K_R

K_R Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2020
    But being in Florida, if I remember right it was a carrier somewhere in the south east. I'll keep searching, just thought I'd throw it out there.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does the company hire that far south in Florida?
    Not all companies hire south of I-4

K_R Thanks this.
  7. K_R

K_R Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Not sure but doubt it. I do remember they offered training though.

8. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Just so you know - 90% of carriers don't get it - good pay + good treatment + good equipment = HAPPY DRIVERS! I've NEVER seen a company only get 2 out of 3 right. They either get it or they don't. There are carriers with > 100% annual driver turnover and carriers with < 10% annual driver turnover and almost none in-between.

The, "treat you like family" bunch generally use that as an excuse to not pay their drivers very well. Their ads will either not mention what they pay or make some broad, general statements instead, " here you're a name, not a number". Really? I've NEVER had a dispatcher call me by my driver number! Companies that are always hiring drivers, companies that put drivers wanted ads on the back of their trailers, companies that focus on recruiting NEW, inexperienced drivers (experienced drivers don't fill out too many CR England applications) - are all red flags.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Which color are the trucks?

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    YRC Freight (Yellow Corp.) is growing like crazy and needs drivers so much, they've started their own cdl school.
    Line haul drivers can make $90G + per year. They've opened 12 or 15 schools; not sure which one you would attend.
    There a terminal : 1400 SW 30th Ave, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
    ~
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    K_R Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Informme and K_R Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.