If truck companies send drivers home durng CDL school

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Kelly5842, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I can tell you from direct experience that almost every time a student gets sent home is the carrier finds something and has you sent home. Most people don't understand what goes on with these carriers. The last time I saw a driver get removed was sometime ago. The way I understand it the student already had a class B. The school DAC'ed the guy and did some other followup stuff got carrier approval and let him start. The carrier then did their own check and discovered this guy had lied on some important paperwork and the carrier had him removed from the school. This is another reason I advise using a tech school. Once accepted most of the time you can finish.

Lepton1 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's a good opinion and good advice.

austinmike, TripleSix and Lepton1 Thank this.
  4. Kelly5842

Kelly5842 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    I read something online about companies holding permit until contract end or something is that possible?

5. Kelly5842

Kelly5842 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    CRST

austinmike Thanks this.
  6. Kelly5842

Kelly5842 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    I have no problem fulfilling my end as long as not abused like a dog, kicked out before end and then left holding with a high bill to pay back

7. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    No worries, no cdl school will just boot people willy nilly or they wouldn’t be in business. Tell your roommate to go fly a kite.

TripleSix and Lepton1 Thank this.
  8. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    That’s a question you would have to ask crst. Is the company paying for the training? If so then it likely depends on how far along you are. Did they pay for your physical? Did they pay for you to get your learner’s permit? Did they provide you with lodging or any transportation to/from school? Etc. basically any expenses they have ponied up for you, you will be on the hook for.

But I am just guessing here... I don’t want to give you the wrong information. Just ask your recruiter or your instructor, don’t take the word of another student. Why are you thinking of leaving anyway? Why not stick it out and get that cdl?

9. Kelly5842

Kelly5842 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Zero sleep roomie had the TV on all night ...ugh and I do mean zero. How can I go to class like this?

10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    What do you expect?

This is a real world business in a real world industry where people stab others in the back for 50 cents.

The license is so easy to get, it is a crackerjack license.

You mentioned flimsy excuses, well most people go through life thinking that they deserve everything even though they are screw ups. Many can't handle this work, it isn't hard at all but they want to get paid for doing pretty much sitting on their butts trying to keep the truck between the lines, then when they screw up, they cry and pitch a ****** it is unfair when they get canned just because all they did was take out another truck backing into a parking spot and then ran off.

Tell your 'roomie' that the tv goes off and deal with it.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Many ppl think that a few skeletons in the closet is no big deal but in this day and age companies can find out stuff a lot easier ... also some people like less competition and try to scare off a competitor ..If you were honest and try your best in class it should go smoothly ..

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.