If you are purchasing a truck be aware of financing

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by crucar1800, Dec 23, 2017.

1. crucar1800

crucar1800 Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    MF logistics. nightgunner. would you mind sending me the link to their website? I looked it up on google and came up with a company located on 9817 Wallisville Rd. TX

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I run Monday through Friday.. M-F :)

4. crucar1800

crucar1800 Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    hahaha...the whole point of asking you bro is to find out about a better paying company. would know if you are willing to say.

5. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I don't like the idea of financing anything but a new-new one with a warranty. Too easy to get screwed. Otherwise pay cash.

6. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
  7. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Rawhide Express 517.877.2203 ask for Gary and tell him Erik sent you.

crucar1800 Thanks this.
  8. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    A warranty ain't worth spit when you have to wait a week or two to get into the shop. Just saying.

9. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Dry van, automotive expedite, Detroit. Easy work, good pay, and few if any miles... My APU runs more than the motor... Laser Transport out of Windsor Canada. We run Michigan, Ohio and Indiana... And a few other states if the rates are there. I rarely leave Michigan.We do not go to Canada. And you have to know what you are doing, no wet nurses here. They give you an address and you go. The rest, you are on your own. ;-)

10. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South
    I'll take that week off compared to that 10,000 dollar out of pocket repair bill.

11. Justrucking2

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    And that is my point, in an off handed way... Why would you buy a piece of machinery that will cost you $10,000 right out of the chute, warranty or no warranty?

I own one of these trucks, and learned the hard way. A warranty in my case would have done nothing for me. I had to learn how to fix it and and then have the cash on hand to do the heavy lifting of the in frame, no thanks to the EPA mandate which cooked the motor.

On the minor stuff, I fix it myself. There are times I get lazy and want to take it to the dealer and am told two weeks, which is the norm, so I fix it myself in the driveway.

There is more to truck ownership, especially these new trucks than most guys think.

When that warranty runs out, and you have no clue why you spent that ten grand, then what do you do?

And yes, you will have a vague idea of what went wrong, they replaced a part and the labor cost... But, do you know what caused that failure? Was there something you could have done prior to the failure to mitigate or stop the failure from even happening?

Was the failure what they told you, or was it really a sensor and they got you for a turbo? Or, did they fix the truck, charge the OEM 10 grand, and you STILL have the problem? This is VERY common.

See, this is something few if any of you guys think of, you just take these folks at their word, they are there to help you, right? No, they are there to make money. Don't be a fool. Been there, and done that. $2500 for a brand new EGR cooler, a weeks down time, and I later discovered it was a $10 hose clamp. Remember that the next time you go into the dealer and he tells you your turbo is bad... Educate yourselves, don't be a fool like I was. They got me once, never again. ;-)

nax and Tug Toy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.