If you buy a used trailer at auction

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Dockbumper, Nov 22, 2020.

1. AKDoug

AKDoug Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2018
    I bought two ex-McDonalds reefer trailers. Reefers were bad and I removed them as I only needed an insulated box. The place I bought them from turned them from red and orange to straight up white by simply using a white vinyl wrap. Worked amazingly well and six years later you can't see any McDonalds logo anywhere under it. Way cheaper than paint too.

D.Tibbitt and ncmickey Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    What did that run you?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    U gotta run with what u got . If its paid for they are doing better than alot of us.

AKDoug Thanks this.
  5. AKDoug

AKDoug Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2018
    The trailer outfit that I bought them from already had it done. I've had zero luck repainting trailers in the past, so this seemed like a good idea and it all worked out. Bought the two trailers from TrailerSource in Orting, WA. six years ago.

Worked out for me. Six years with relatively little trouble on two $12K used trailers. They even came with decent tires and new brake shoes.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I don't think that's what he's talking about. It's usually always the old Swift trailers I see that are the worst. The leftover sticker residue never gets cleaned off so all the road grime and dirt sticks to it showing the dirt-colored Swift logo or whoever..

7. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    THANK YOU Crocky! Someone who actually read and comprehended my post. That is EXACTLY what I was talking about!:biggrin_25514:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.