If you can only talk 25 miles in a Cascadia on AM, you might be a duck

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by shogun, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    So there is a video posted by Rabbi talking to CraigSez where they talk 25 miles to each other before Craig goes full mudduck mode in his Cascadia. Then they switch over to channel 36 LSB and talk up to 44 miles. Not terrible, but should you really brag and especially talk about me in the video?

Then Craig the duck decides to run his mouth about me in the Las Vegas cb Shop thread saying I have a crap radio with big claims but not proof. Really? Well, I usually talk up to 150 miles a day to my friends down here on their base stations. I’m in a 2017 Cascadia daycab running a RadioActive General Lee and a fatboy 2 pill. It’s probably a splatterbox, never been on an oscilloscope, never been on a spectrum analyzer. I have no idea what my coax impedance is and frankly don’t care. My swr’s are 1.2 on a 6 foot skipshooter on the mirror and my reflect watts is less than 1%

Tuesday morning I left out headed for Harrisburg, Arkansas. My friend WW is on a 5 element beam just west of Philadelphia, Ms. I text him when I get to Batesville, Ms about 120 miles northwest of him to see if he will point north and talk to me since I can’t break for him over other close stations, probably 25 people total.
    593A12EE-A17B-410A-8205-E54B01EEE6ED.jpeg

I forgot to turn the talkback off, as you can see I am on a 2010 Blackberry on a 3G network and I have a cheap roadpro talkback speaker so this recording isn’t the best quality especially my phone speaker rattling. But we are 120 miles apart and conditions weren’t great yesterday. I don’t have special cameras and equipment to eliminate the noise.

Note yesterday’s date and time. 5:23 am when I started recording when WW turned up north. My handle is Shogun. My Elogs can confirm that I was on this run yesterday and I got to Harrisburg, Arkansas at 7:15 am.
    07064743-B157-4330-9FBB-B9817DA802AD.jpeg

I’m in Como, Ms at 5:23 am just 35 miles south of Memphis at exit 255. He is at his house on Hwy 19 west of Philadelphia, Ms. Phone video shows April 16, 2019.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Video unavailable ... wonder if this is a spillover from the other cb good buddy videos?

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Is it not working? I will check and see what's wrong when I get home. It might be set to private. I think it’s fixed now.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    wore out Thanks this.
  5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I'm not quite sure how a base station with an 8 element beam and a rotor on flat ground in the bayou talking to a truck has any relevance to a couple mobile stations talking to each other with short antennas through mountainous Terrain.

6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Yeah I'm not sure either, since that's not the case. Take a look at a topographical map of where hwy 25 and 19 intersect In Mississippi, note the 110 miles of rolling hills and pine trees between us. When I'm in Como, I'm at 350 feet elevation on I-55 lined with trees 30-40 feet higher than my truck. My friend WW is at about 550 feet elevation fully surrounded by trees. And he is on a 5 element beam, not 8.

Then look at your video, you at 1500 feet elevation and besides a mountain, a mostly clear line of sight according to your own animated video. Making it even less impressive.

My radio may not be anything special, but it reached over 100 miles today to Pinola, Ms south of me, 95 miles east of me to Aliceville, Al and can hit WW from 150+. All in a daycab Cascadia.

Hey @wore out, you haul out of Peco down in Philadelphia, would you call that the bayou? Since you run that area, tell Rabbi here how easy it is to talk from there to Como, Ms or Hernando LOL.

7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Since there was Zero line of sight I failed to find anything impressive about talking through trees as opposed to talking through solid rock.

8. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Yeah, I don't either. 25 miles on AM is just incredible. You ought to take a video of your Suburban pulled right up to the mountain talking on the flatside.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  9. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Nothing you said made sense and I failed to comprehend what you were trying to say.
    Why is 25 Mi incredible on am ?
    What do you mean by pulling right up to a mountain?
    What do you mean by talking on the flat side?
    If you don't think radio signals traveling through leaves on trees is miraculous, why were you bragging about it?
    Personally I think that's perfectly normal for radio signals to travel through organic material that's paper thin.
    I don't own a Chevy Suburban so I don't even know why you would mention one.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  10. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    The only reason that you go to MOUNTAIN TOP exit is to get to the highest elevation possible. Drop back down about 1000 feet and watch that signal go bye bye.

120 miles on a mobile isn’t impressive huh? Yet your best is 80 miles using an 8 pill amp.

F349DB48-3E5E-41FE-A7B4-20D5316DE5C6.png

This is where you and your credibility go their separate ways. Had I created a new account and said my fine tune radio and 2 pill was talking 120 miles, you would be falling all over yourself singing it’s praises. Since it’s not fitting your narrative, it’s not impressive.

Tell your mudduck story walking.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  11. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.