If Your Not a Current Driver or Recently Departed Then You Have Nothing to Comment On

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by JJDrivesOTR, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJDrivesOTR

JJDrivesOTR Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Joe is actually a driver who runs the road for the company I work for and the only reason he gets to keep his job is that he is married to the owners daughter.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JJDrivesOTR

Jul 15, 2016
    Guys and Gals, its been fun. It's been eye opening to say the least. Got to go, I have said my peace. Like what I say or not, I said it and you know what, I will say something again probably today that y'all don't like and vice-versa, so be safe out there and by all means keep posting your horror stories, after all, it's a given that you'll never post the good things.

4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    But one is a Company Driver at 30 CPM and the other is an O/O or L/P at 1.05

Still a simple no brainer???
    Good luck in your "business"... ;-)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    If it's such a no brainer then why do most fail.This should be good in a month or less the OP will post his exp with Western in the bad company forum,lol

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  6. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    That $1.05 needs to feed both you and the truck. Fuel, payment, insurance and maintenance can eat that up quickly. the .30 will look really good pretty fast. Typical new driver to this industry looking at gross numbers not net numbers.

MidWest_MacDaddy, Coover and pattyj Thank this.
  7. JJDrivesOTR

Jul 15, 2016
    Patty J,
    I could sit here and bs people. I am new to them. I have orientation then need to ride for a week with a L/P trainer, to learn their system. I know what I know about the company because I know people there personally. The guy who trained me for 20 days at Raider Express is there and he said to me, make sure you want to come here, don't just come here because I am here, you have friends here or for any other reason than you did your research and your sure.

This is the type of people I put stock in. I am 50 years old and have no time to waste again. I trust people who tell me to check things out and don't just jump into something. I am smart enough to know that at any age, job jumping looks bad. I also know that employers don't really care why someone jumped jobs, they look at it like you just jumped jobs and the only thing they are concerned with is will you do it to them and in most cases, a person will.

Loose Leaf and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  8. TruckDrivingtn

TruckDrivingtn Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Maryville Tn

If you want that type of Forum go to Trucking truth they don't allow you to question anyone there or bash..... Or stick up for yourself..... I agree with you on some parts. There are a lot of haters here that probably screwed themselves with a carrier and come on here and bash. That being said there have been many who tried to stick it out with carriers and couldn't make it work.... There is a SEARCH function on this board that many new forum members ignore. If we know a company is bad there is no reason not to warn. The forum is full of BS and you have to navigate it. Only issue I really have with you. is you say not to comment if you dont work for them or are recently departed. However you don't work for them or are not recently departed sooooooooooooo why are you commenting.

Loose Leaf, 51.50, sdaniel and 2 others Thank this.
  9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    But then we would balance that one statement about @pattyj against the 100s, if not 1,000s, of comments about her vast experience and dedication to safety and come to the conclusion that one of the statements is not consistent with the multitude of other statements praising her as a good safe driver.

Same as with companies... One must separate the wheat from the chaff... Trouble is some companies are more chaff than wheat... ;-)

not4hire, pattyj and cnsper Thank this.
  10. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Now THATS the right way to get into trucking.
    Job security now and inherent the company later.

Loose Leaf Thanks this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    All I have to say is lots of luck If you think Western is above all the rest of the starter companies because of some phony recruiter or what your buddies say then you are in for a rude awakening and you're going to find out very soon.

Loose Leaf and 51.50 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.