I'll be getting Brand New Volvo w automatic plus Elogs (Peoplenet) installed!

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by nsxftw, Jan 31, 2014.

1. SpiritWolf

SpiritWolf Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    North Highlands CA
    My 2 cents.
    I put 130k miles on a 10 speed eaton fuler, then spent 20k in an I-shift volvo.

1 ten hour day in traffic will convince you the I-shift rules hands down. Pulled everything from beer at 79,980lbs to furniture at less than 10,000lbs in the box.... Feels like a normal truck, with a magic midget doing your shifting for you. I did note that I seamed to be a hair slower up long hills when heavy, and I could never bring my mileage up from 6.0. (old 10 speed was 7.8+)
    I have been told that there are a bunch of things about that particular truck that were dragging the miles down though.

I guess I will just say it this way. Im buying a truck. It will be an I-shift.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flo3817

flo3817 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2013
    how fast are there trucks?

4. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    They are goverened at 65mph

5. Magnanamus

Magnanamus Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Oregon
    I love mine. They are going through the trucks now, and disabling the Eco-roll. Which is a bummer, I liked it, but a few drivers have trashed their trannys out of stupidity. In traffic, the auto rules. Uphill, I shift manually, because it tends to "dog" . But, its made to save fuel, and even when I keep it "rapping out" I still see all of my fuel bonus's. The easy ones, anyway. I cant break that 8.5 mpg mark for the real money!

6. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    My bro hates the Volvos because he says they are the Chevrolet of trucks and you can see through the curtain. View attachment 74888 Love to see these on NS trains? Have seen quite a few through Virrgina. This train had more than 1.

7. roadhammer123

roadhammer123 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Springfield, Ma. area
    any Watkins drivers on here pulling the Home depot account out of Westfield Ma to NC. how is the account and the company Im thinking about coming on board this next week hows the equipment company DM dispatch miles any info will be great.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.