Illinois truck stop closure will reduce truck parking

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Cybergal, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Illinois truck stop closure will reduce truck parking
    10/11/07
    http://www.landlinemag.com/todays_news/Daily/2007/Oct07/100807/101107-05.htm

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibflat2

ibflat2 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Dothan Alabama
    well when all the truck stops become shopping centers, I wonder how they will get the stuff to sell...

It's getting to look like no parking anywhere soon and you will just have to stay a state or 2 away (ok thats a east coast joke) soon just to have place to stay.

4. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

Yeah, no kidding, esp in that area, there isn't any darn truck parking anyways! Take that TS away and see what mayhem ensues!

Luckily if I have to deliver in the area I know a few spots you can sneak into and sleep without being bothered.

5. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    that's just GREAT!! there already isn't much parking in the chicago area :biggrin_25513:

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    There used to be a truckstop on I-70 in Frederick near here. It met a similar fate.

7. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    is that the one in bolingbrook IL, just passed the Scales? on 55...

I been there a couple times back when i pulled for Excel...

I don't understand how the State can allow that to happen with out subsidizing that T/S at least for a short time while they can build a couple Rest Areas or Service Plaza's to make up for that lost parking.......

DOESN'T ANYONE USE THEIR HEAD!!??? i mean if you look at it at night its packed its not a painting... those are Real Trucks not Cardboard Cutouts.... Where does IL DOT expect those Semi's to go????? they are there for a reason...

8. Dreaman

Dreaman Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Iowa
    Truck parking is becoming a issue everywhere. Some of the things causing this are some of our own.
    I have seen numerous places trashed by "drivers" or so they call themselves. It is like this is thier right to toss trash out for someone to come along and pick up.:biggrin_25510: They used to allow parking along Hwy 30 outside of the Walmart DC in Sterling. Now there are no parking signs and alot less trash.
    A friend of mine hauls into Chicago 3 times a week. Some of the places he goes to used to have areas he could park if early or needed to take a break. Now these areas are off limits due to "drivers" throwing pee bottles and other garbage out on the ground as well as running over signs or knocking down light poles.:biggrin_25513:
    I am not sure what the answer to these dirtballs is.

9. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    like the last post stated,these trashy drivers are the main reason we can't park anywhere anymore.the ones who leave the urine bottles are the worst offenders.sure would be nice to be able to toss that bottle back into their trucks with the cap off! those of you that do this think it's no big deal-everyone else does it,right? WRONG! if you're gonna use a bottle,pour it out onto the dirt or something,THEN toss the bottle in the trash--wow this might take you a minute! only a derelect does this kinda stuff,and as a result the public looks upon all of us as such.

10. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Better watch out JavJeff. Some of the bottle boys may look you up and invite you home for supper. Imagine how nasty some of these filthy animals houses must be. PEEWHEW!:puke:

11. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    Illinois is a big pro-railroad state, on account of the already horrendous traffic in Chicago, Rockford, Moline/Rock Island, Springfield, and East St. Louis Area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.