I'm a Chemical Operator (Loader) AMA

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Birdman803, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Birdman803

Birdman803 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Fort Stewart, Georgia
    Greetings. It's been awhile so figured I would check in. Some of you may remember my journey for my CDL here about a year ago. Well I didn't become a Tanker driver like I wanted due to my blood pressure but funny enough I actually load chemical Tankers now. I got my BP under control with meds and was able to keep my CDL just have to get a new medical certificate if I ever want to drive. Anyway after that I got a good opportunity with a Chemical company here in South Georgia that I couldn't pass up. Good pay and benefits and I can be home more.
    Well I have been on the job 6 months now and mainly I load Tankers. We do Emulsion. Figured I would check in with you guys and see if anyone had anything that wanted to ask a loader or wonder why sometimes it takes longer than others to get loaded. I'm not a pro yet but I'm pretty good right now. Feel free to ask any questions and if I can answer them I will.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's a pretty good job for an "old" retired Army guy. I remember you!
    Keep that blood pressure under control so you can enjoy a long retirement.

Birdman803 Thanks this.
  4. Birdman803

Jan 6, 2016
    Fort Stewart, Georgia
    Chinatown how you doing brother! Yes it's a great job I love it so far. I got it now man. I was just not taking care of myself like I should. Had to get the right meds. Thank you!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    My wife's friend, early 30's, had high blood pressure and said, "I feel great, don't need this medicine." So, young lady in her 30's, had a stroke and bedridden for a few months, then died.
    Take that medicine, don't skip even one day. Stay in touch with all your TTR friends!

Birdman803 Thanks this.
  6. Birdman803

Jan 6, 2016
    Fort Stewart, Georgia
    I see you guys call the stuff I load Snot. That is hilarious. Gonna start saying that at work lol.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  7. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Booger stuff. The blend I got loaded with yesterday was throwing streamers in the wind the entire time I was cleaning the dome lid today. I nailed all 3 operators with me lol......them I took one right to the face lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.