I'm a stone cold rookie, gonna work the texas oil fields

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by paulcouto, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Darracq

Darracq Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2011
    ks
    Is there many places to rent around there?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. paulcouto

paulcouto Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    yes, it may take you a month or so but its not an impossible situation like north dakota or something.

4. ouingman

ouingman Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2011
    albuquerque nm
    just pasted tests for my learners perment, and I,m glad to see your going to stop "out driving your lights", when there,s fog out. should be in the trucks by next Thursday..and spend the next three months pre&post triping,backing and driving Mountain & back road driving.. some class room, but from what I understand most of our class room is over.. from here on it all hands on the trucks...and I asked about slip shifting, and was told thats something you learn our in the field..we have super ten, straight ten, 13 speed & one automatic to learn on, we get to learn them all!.... Man three week just flew by..with 15 more to go... then I,m heading to Texas, for my second chance at a life...and this time I,m getting right! Stay safe and keep on making da cheddar :yes2557:!!!!!

5. paulcouto

Sep 7, 2011
    hornet showed up to the motel i stay at, cool guy, neat to see people who are motivated and take the step.

thehornet Thanks this.
  6. HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Crusty Pogosticker!!

Jan 25, 2012
    Cartoon Network
    Hey Paul, any rooms left open at that motel ? By the way, I hope you've got a good sense of humor over at vegas page.

7. Swiftey

Swiftey Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2011
    lol of course u didnt make a mistake that pay is shiiiit. i dunno if its that much different in the states but if ur not getting 250 to 300 a day minimum you need to get out, 40 cents a mile, 20 bucks an hour to start with for driving, and if its hourly pay it had better go up from 20 and overtime and holiday pay... I know u guys made mistakes financially thru the recession and all but oil work trucking for 15.50 an hour? out western canada where the oil is a mcdonalds manager makes that wage.... texas sounds like #### to me, i know our dollars are different but not by that much, comon. But on the flip side if they say 15.50 now and within 5 years somewhere north of 20 and hitting at least the 25 an hour on ur 5th year is respectable for sure, and what would be industry standard, at least in canada.

all that being said, do what you love, its what ive done, i may only get 40 cents a mile but i could not be happier

stanman63 Thanks this.
  8. thehornet

thehornet Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2011
    3 doors down
    Drive Friendly The Texan Way...

9. thehornet

thehornet Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2011
    3 doors down
    Cout, I really appreciate the time you took yesterday showing me around a bit and explaining some facets of the job, you're a great guy dude.,Thanks, Time to roll, grab a little breakfast first than off for the physical, sure is good to feel the Texas earth beneath my feet, time to hit the ground running.

10. paulcouto

Sep 7, 2011
    ask hornet, he's the man now, i want this thread to keep going and i'll make sure hornet keeps it going, he's been pissin up wind too long now.......its time to go to work now boys, ya'll thinkin bout comin down should just do it, you want to be the bad ### and haul water, thats fine, ya'll want to sit on location like vegas and take it easy and talk about how yur the bad ### oil field worker, then thats cool too lol......of course i got sense of humor, you need a twisted one out here.

yeah, i feel you 100% but as a rookie the choices are limited and these pay scales you mention are limited here in texas, ive searched high and low and most of these jobs sort of pay the same when everything is said and done.........but i'm definately on a mission to get my fair share piece of the oil field, no doubt i'm not tickled pink of these wages but i'll put up with it for now and keep earning my stripes and "earn" my right to a more fitting wage some where down the line.

right, so now its time for you to take over this thread, keep it going like i did no matter what, no excuses, i was acknowledged today at the driver meeting as the guy who always volunteers to put in the most hours and yet i always kept this thread going. We were encouraged today to work 15's out there because the work is really gonna start coming in.

you talk a good game hornet and i believe you, now its time to back it up, dont let me down man.....yep, the extra pressure is on you but someone has to carry the extra load, thats just the way it is, theres the 90% and theres the 10%.....which group do you choose?

you only live once, burn the candle bright, thats the problem with this country, not enough go getters, too much acceptance of or forced mediocrity in this watered down form of comunism known as "democracy".

i remember my interview with UPS, they made me feel like a moron for taking their abuse, as soon as i told them i would blow their work rate away, i knew my interview was done, they dont want people who out shine the other workers, they have it all formulated where everyone is brought down to a certain level.......do i have to tell you what that is?????....THATS COMUNISM, thats what they have in every comunist country in the world and thats what we have going on right now in this country, its just hard to see it but its here........but not in the oil field, you can shine as bright as you want, its the last piece of real america in my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    Tractor7127 Thanks this.
  11. ouingman

ouingman Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2011
    albuquerque nm
    what kind of tractors is Nabors running?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted