I'm and I.C. and took medical leave

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by kanidana, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ramjet6875

ramjet6875 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Surprise, Arizona
    I live in Surprise and scheduled for IC orientation on September 24th, can't find out much info about being an IC and running from out here in Arizona, most IC's I've come across are all out east seems like or midwest. I was recommended to run Midwest lanes, that is about as much information as I have gotten. My ultimate goal after everything taken out and my uncle sam money put away for taxes, to be able to net take home at least $1,500 a week, do you think that is doable running from out of this market?? Interested on your take on that???

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I wouldn't say $1500 after taxes
    .running out west, unless you're getting an exhorbant fuel discount i wouldn't recommend it at all..especially California..

3. ramjet6875

Apr 26, 2016
    Surprise, Arizona
    I have no desire to run the west or California, my goal is to leave Arizona obviously when I go out and head to the Midwest or other areas. West coast more of a last resort just not conducive to make Revenue running out there in California.

4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    No

5. ramjet6875

Apr 26, 2016
    Surprise, Arizona
    No to California? I've been running California for over 4 years. Fuel, traffic, Freight prices just a nightmare. Just wouldn't be a good move

6. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    No offense but shouldn't these questions be asked, answered and verified before you commit to an unknown entity.
    I know theres tons of drivers who say they make a killing at SNI and at 1 time you could make good or decent money then they opened the flood gates and got greedy. There was a waiting list to lease a truck. They even quit paying referral bonus to those that recruited.
    It then became hard for drivers to make the decent money without referrals so they left.
    Now SFI is back to paying referral money and ridiculous sign on money.
    Theres a reason for that. Its called attrition or better yet failure.
    Can you make money yes but with a huge weekly note you either choose money or hometime. Very few can do both and my guess is out of Phoenix nobody can do 1500 a week after expenses and taxes every week and not live in the truck.

7. ramjet6875

Apr 26, 2016
    Surprise, Arizona
    I'm retired military, 23 years Army, I'm aware of all the BS from recruiters, I'm also aware of all the BS online too, reason why I look for several places to ask as many questions as I can, sift thru all the bull and hopefully get some useful feedback.

I may have a tentative date for Schneider, but that doesn't mean I have to go, this isn't the military, so in the meantime why not ask as many questions as possible, someone out there may have some good information that I'm not aware of. Put all the facts together and by Orientation start date if it all doesn't add up or look good for my particular situation than I move on to something different. I haven't signed my life away yet. Also I'm under no illusion about a lease purchase program.

I have other income than just my trucking wages, I just want to get a taste of the owner operator business and instead of getting myself a bank loan that is going on my credit why not try this out for a year see where it leads me, maybe I won't want to be an owner operator in a years time. If it is all no good well than learning lesson and move on to the next thing. Again I'm retired. If I can do 23 years in the Army, i'm sure I can handle Big Orange for at least a year, better than being a door greeter at Walmart.

Everyone's situation is different, I'm already retired from a job and I don't need as much money as some, but I still put a plan together, ask lots of questions and set a financial goal for myself for what I want to achieve and which works for me as far as my net to take home goal. Why go into owner operator only wanting to make company dollars?? Why not set a higher goal??

As for being gone, it is what it is. Been doing that my whole life, my wife is a military spouse and is super supportive so I'm very fortunate.

It's all about setting goals and with these lease programs it works for some and it doesn't for others. I sure don't expect to become a millionaire and I want the option to walk away in a year if I don't like it, can't do that with a bank loan unless you want to some ugly credit issues. Just looking to make some extra, try do better than what I'm doing as a company guy and stow it away along with my retirement. Doesn't hurt.

No offense taken. I'm not an expert on all things nor do I have all the answers so I always ask lots of questions, life is all about the continued learning process. As far as lease purchase, I just like to try different things, why?? Because I can : )

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Long story short, you should be fine. Know this, loads in and out of Arizona are not plentiful, so be prepared to take some sucky stuff out to get to a good market. Texas is a good spot to get a ride home.

9. ramjet6875

Apr 26, 2016
    Surprise, Arizona
    Cool, thanks for the info. That is good stuff, I really appreciate it.

10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Latest numbers are in: within 1 year of leasing a truck from SFI, 60% turn the truck in.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.