Im in school, & wanna impress my teacher

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by soon2betrucking, Nov 1, 2007.

1. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    hahah good response haha, GUY here, 100% str8 also.... the kilt might work... maybe.... better not try it, he might " exspell" me for somthing haha:biggrin_25525:
    thanks for the reply. i like school a lot... never thought that i could actualy say that, but i do, my teacher is awsome
    and everyone here is awsome as well, thanks alot everyone

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
  4. lookingup

Dec 3, 2006
    maybe an apple for the instructor, carmel at that

wheres the school at? called?

5. soon2betrucking

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    nah, i tried the apple with carmel when i was in high school, didint work, she was pretty too,:yes2557: danm it!.... any way, i love this site, you have serious questions being asked here it some how or a nother a good joke is made out of it, its awsome,
    i go to All State Career School our of lester Pa. ever hear of it? no anything about it?

6. lookingup

Dec 3, 2006
    Nope, haven't heard of it, but its good to hear their treating you right...

7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I'll second Scarecrow's first post.

Take it from me, bro...the absolute best way to impress any instructor or veteran driver is with a good dose of humility. The wise man knows how little he knows. Every single day you're on the road, you'll learn something new. The day that stops happening, hang up your license and go do something else.

I've never trained anyone, but I wouldn't mind doing so in the future. And I'll be more impressed by a student making a serious effort to learn and be safe than one that wants to show off in any way.

Subtlety is the key. Impress your instructor by learning quickly and doing things right, not by being ####y.

8. soon2betrucking

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    i understand what all of you are saying to me here, i really doo.... i am not trying to be ####y with him, or a wise ###, i would never do that, i hate people like that... see heres the thing, every day when we go on break most of us head to the dinner to grab a quick bite, and we always talk about how impressed we are with our teacher, cause he's good at what he does, i am a quick learner, i do mostly everything the right way, the first time, i will not lie i say its ALL the time, were human, we ALL make mistake,
    we ( students ) all bonded with this teacher very easily and quikly, we all understand eachother, and are all very eagr to learn, but we see this man as a pro driver, ( which is what we are there for ) and he has been off of the rd for 6 years now, just needed a change after 19 years, and 2,000,000 miles, everyday we all joke around and take our minds off of the learning for about 10 mins, he said its good for the brain, so during that 10 mins, we ask him to tell us the " best of the best " stories he has, somthing he has done, seen, heard about, and it always comes down to somthing about the industry that us " newbies " will learn, and he craks jokes at us about it, like saying things he no's we would NOT understand, so inreturn, we ( students ) not just myself, but everyone included do there research to try and find somthing that he is impressed to hear, shokced to hear, he has to check on some question.... i hope you all understand what were i am going with this..... this will be my last attempt.. and dont get me wrong, all of the above is very good, and i agree.... well have a good one'

9. Etosha

Etosha World Citizen

Aug 19, 2007
    Edmonton, AB
    soon2betrucking have you read any of the other threads... I am sure there are mountains of things here that would impress him... maybe you spent more time looking at the pictures than reading the text?:biggrin_25525:

10. rockee

rockee Road Train Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Pacific Northwest
    I would not worry too much about trying to impress him with something he does not know, which I'm sure there is alot (or not). I am not trying to belittle him or you, but with you being new, younger, and inexperienced and with him being just the opposite, he could give you just about any answer that "sounds good" and could be halfway true and you might not know the difference, he could just be giving you a line of b.s.

11. wanderingson

wanderingson Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Milw,WI
    Tell him that you think that doing a thorough pre-trip inspection is a big key to safe driving, and that you want to run a legal log book.

He will be impressed, because most noobs have no clue about either of these things. Good luck with your training!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.