im looking good trucking company in virginia

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by lyion, Jul 24, 2009.

1. lyion

lyion Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2008
    TOANO VIRGINIA
    i live in the tiedwater area in virginia and im looking for a company where i live that runs long haul ,i have 20 years driving .im curenty working but im not getting payed for empty miles . if any one noes any good company to work for, please leave a message here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ridgerunner7991

ridgerunner7991 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2009
    rich valley, va
    Ok, here is the thing, ive been looking for a good job out of VA for a few weeks now. Ive called alot of people and running lanes in VA and hiring areas also have gone, the freight just isnt there since the economy fell.

4. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    I also live in Tidewater and was offered a job with Paschall, but when the recruiter told me he hires 35 drivers a week, I backed off of it. Also try Howell Motor frieght out of Portsmouth. Best of luck.

5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Would Cox Transfer in Ashland, Va work for you? They do run West Coast.

6. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Cox is a good choice but they are not currently hiring, I know this because they sent me an email stating that, but they will keep you on file for 6 mos.

7. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    how about abilene out of richmond? Or freightmaster?? both out of va. Also there is grayson mitchell out of emporia they do the flatbed thing

8. lyion

lyion Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2008
    TOANO VIRGINIA
    thanks for replying here about a truck job in VA. i just got on with a company that's just re-grouping ,2 of our truck one that I'm driving and one another guy is driving both blue out steering tires and a few other things ,. my alternator went out so the company fell short in cash flow for us drivers . they told me they just sank $20,000 in to insurance and authority because the people that were running the company let every thing elapse,so I'm being promised a new truck at the first of the year so ill try giving this small company only 2 trucks the benefit of a Dalt for now .nice people only problem there having cash flow problems and my first check has been on hold for 3 days now. i was told i can cash it Friday morning.my truck has been siting in my front yard for for 3 days now .it wont make money that way. but i hope tomorrow like i said i can cash my check and get rolling this week end. i chose where i wont to run and they find me a load .this is good ,you don't find this much any more.

9. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    Sounds a little scary to me good luck on that venture

halfburn Thanks this.
  10. rbmc20

rbmc20 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Virginia
    good luck.... i am also looking in va

11. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.