I'm taking up bicycling ..any others here into it ?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by bzinger, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    You build muscle at first I've read so weight does not change much until you start firming up.

The fat tire bikes are all season bikes. Cheapest I've found were about $225 on Amazon.

BlueThunderr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    F70C4EE0-AD53-4452-989A-729A4EF1C78B.jpeg Yes
    Slacking off! Some snow shoeing will fix you up and no shortage up here tonight
    Raleigh Lake Hwy 17 ,,,watch for car hauler IN the English River:)

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I am thinking my recent 2 grilled cheese sandwiches and a slice or 2 of peanut butter on toast for dinner/just before I sleep has been costing me more than previously thought.
    So I'm going to just have 1 gcs or pbt from here forward.

Jazz1 Thanks this.
  5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I need to tie a taco in front of my nose for motivation.

6. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    hybrid or gravel bike as you will have a lot of paved and packed choices. i have mtn bikes with road tires... i recommend Schwalbe marathon plus, for the tread-wear and durability

7. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
  8. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    gokiddogo and AModelCat Thank this.
  9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I've started my winter bulk. Hoping to gradually build up to about 165-170, then start cutting in February again for summer. If I can pack on 7 or 8 lbs of muscle over winter I'll be happy :)

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  10. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I want to get below 200 before I switch over to going to the gym rather than just walking or occasional jogging or riding my bike here and there. Right now i will go maybe once every 2 weeks, no plan or goal or routine. Just to change it up a bit. I try to walk at least 5000 steps and active 60 min per day, according to the new s health app.

The progress feels good and is motivating. My gut doesn't hang anymore. I have 0 desire for pizza or straight up sugar, chocolate bars were my biggest downfall. Even if it takes me a little longer than new years to see 199 I am happy. It has probably been easily 10 years since I last weighed under 2 bills. I knew it was going to be a good week, my pants are all looser, need to find my belts. Since I almost never buy new clothes.

Edit/add
    From here forward will be a new set of obstacles to overcome. My produce run is over and will be going back to my frozen runs. Which means a lot more driving. But it's all good, I am actually looking forward to doing my west coast turns coupled with my overnight runs mixed in.

11. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    You are going to like the improvements west of Ignace. Lots of rumble strip getting laid down as well west of Shabaqua,,,they should lay that stuff on all 2 lane
    The bypass west of Ignace won't be completed this year. They taking out that hairy curve at Revell River.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.