In a bind what should i do

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by ao2005, Nov 13, 2009.

1. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    Well ive called and talked to alot of companies (Millis, Roehl, Prime, Schnieder, Watkins Shepard, Swift, Covenant, CR England) and none are doing any hiring out of my area except for Swift and CR England. Now ive read all the bad and good(not much) about Swift and CR England and that question is, Should i just bit the bullet and go with CR England over Swift?

Thanks for the advice
    Alan

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE
    Have you already graduated from a cdl school? If so Just keep applying, not only to the big online companies, but even smaller ones as well.
    If you haven't gone to school yet, then look into the schools in your area, your community college, and go to your local workforce or vocational office, they can help you with schooling on some cases.
    Good Luck...

4. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    No i have not been to a driving school yet. i have trouble getting appoved for any school due to credit score and no co-signer, and the state is on a freeze for giving out money for driver training and wont have funds for another 2-3 months i was told. So that left me to look at the big companies that offer training. Dont think im going to go with CR England to many bad reviews.

Thanks so far,
    Alan

5. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    UPDATE: called Knight, Central Refer., Wil-trans. Wil-trans doesnt sound very good. and i read more about CR England not very good. So the question is Swift do i go there or is their still a better company out there i missed that trains in house.

Thanks,
    Alan

6. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Maybe if we knew about where you're located, we could advise you some......like state and city ????????

7. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    Farwell or Beaverton, MI

Sorry about that

8. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    i go back in forth from farwell to beaverton due to gf and daughter

9. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I didn't pay a nickel for my school. The government has money for that. They were willing to pay for a 3 week private school. I chose one at Tennessee Tech. 2 months. It was cheaper than the 3 week.

10. ao2005

ao2005 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Beaverton, MI
    yeah ive been trying to get money out of this ###### state i call Michigan but they just dont budge.
    Been trying for the past 4 months if not longer been laid off for 7 months now

11. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Farwell\beaverton, is that in the UP or south of the bridge?

Have you talked to any of the local companies about on the job training?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.