in the truck cooking......

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Sep 25, 2016.

1. SingingWolf

SingingWolf Heavy Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Steubenville, OH
    The problem with Jetboil is the cans are so expensive and don't last very long. Just my opinion.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slavcha

slavcha Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Utica NY
    It's not so expensive to refuel them, costs less then a $1. I use 1 can up to six month making coffee almost every day, some times i get lazy and get it from truck stop. YouTube refill jetboil cans.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  4. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    I just had my chicken, baked patatoe , gravy, and sweet peas....good to go, and I got left overs for another meal. I got it down to a science now for several years...and I'm headed to British Columbia...more hot soup in the crockpot will be the order of the day...lol

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  5. SingingWolf

Sep 14, 2016
    Steubenville, OH
    When I was climbing in Oregon the Jetboil cans were about $7-$8 each. Only seemed to last about a week making 2 meals a day and there was no place to re-fill them. In fact i didn't even know that you COULD refill them so thank you for that. I normally just use a Coleman 2 burner camp stove anyway (Camping haven't spent time in the truck yet) because I'm usually using 2 pots or pans for various things timed to finish up around the same time.

I've done a lot of cooking in restaurants so timing food to come out together has really stuck with me :D

Ooops Thanks this.
  6. slavcha

slavcha Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Utica NY
    Refilling JetBoil cartridge 20170116_085016.jpg I bought the adapter from Amazon and a bigger cartridges you can get them from most Chinese or oriental grocery stores for about $1or dollar fifty each

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  7. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    Goodness what has happened to this profession? Truck Drivers coffee snobs? LOL? The stronger the better I say.

8. SingingWolf

Sep 14, 2016
    Steubenville, OH
    You have to understand. I'm also a civil war re-enactor. When we make coffee we put 4 cups of grounds into a 40 cup pot and put it on the wood fire to cook for at least 4 hrs. before you can pour the first cup. we keep it hot near the fire all day and all night. The next morning we add another 4 cups of grounds to what is there and top it off with more water to cook even longer.

A lot of people like to call this cowboy coffee. My standard is if it doesn't look like million mile oil it isn't strong enough. :D So not a snob in regards to that frilly Starbucks coffee but a snob in the realm of, "It ain't done till it burns the hair off your chest from the inside"

bamamac and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  9. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama

10. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    I use this steamer for most of my cooking. Works great for just about anything you want to cook if you don't mine steam cooked meat etc..Works well for slow cook meals like pot roast or a quick chicken, rice and veggie etc..Quick rice or potato meals only take about 20 mins. Obviously, you need a converter for this one.

Attached Files:

Ooops and SingingWolf Thank this.
  11. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Dude lost his card at reenactor..... How does a driver have time to make a living, enjoy sissy coffee AND play dress up?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.