Include Previous Trucking Companies

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by farmerjohn64, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Something is a snag inside the truck. Wanting to go outside and do a pretrip in the morning while the new trainer would hollar eff that lets GO ALREADY... SHEESH...

That would be one example of a conflict. If the trainee alledges to the operations manager that he or she is not allowed to complete a pretrip by trainer, (With documentation and more damning the actual DVIR incomplete and unsigned PTIR's for that incident.)

And documents closely where exactly, when, what time, what happened, how it happened and why. All of those things accurate with date and times can be crosschecked against the ELD of truck and disocvered that if both matches each other more or less than inference can be made by Management that Pretrips were actively being discouraged. More than once establishes a habitual pattern of abolishing DVIR's etc.

Where does that leave the company upon this discovery of a total failure to pretrip their equiptment? Someone is going to be fired today. If not? Then the company is the who might be removed from business of freighting with large fines for failure to enforce DOT, FMCSA regs that are absolutely well known to all.

The trainer will be brought in a office and asked very simply, why are you not taking the time to pretrip with your trainee our truck?

Whatever the trainer chooses to answer the question will decide if trainer is still employed with the company or not.

4. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I haven’t had a single critical event since I’ve been here; I was fired by two young guys in their late 20’s, been talking to all my other buddies I made here and they insist that I talk to this older guy named Jody in the safety department, basically the guy that knows what the heck is going on around here and to at least get a better explanation as to why I was terminated, or figure something else out

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  5. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    That one time I told you about when I got lost way out in the boonies I was running out of time on my first 8 hours, I pulled over on the shoulder thinking we were gonna switch off (or at least find somewhere to park to take my break) and he just had me do something called “personal conveyance” and had me keep on driving until I drove for at least 10 hours, even though apparently trainees are only supposed to drive for 6 hours during the first two weeks of training (I drove for 6 to 8 on average those two weeks).

6. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    Appreciate your help, Chinatown

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    The first week was orientation, got a local trainer that Thursday and trained with him for the rest of the week, next week he was out sick for about 3 days; before he went out sick they switched me to an OTR trainer since I was going to be doing OTR, sat around here for two weeks waiting to meet up with him, finally hit the road with him and I just got back in this Saturday; with that being said I’ve only had a trainer for 3 weeks give or take and been here for 6 weeks without getting to go home once

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Cajun Industries - Baton Rouge
    Click --->> Apply On Company Site
    [​IMG]
    The CDL Truck Driver must pick up, transport and deliver all jobsite products, materials and correspondence via flatbed or semi-truck.

Wasted Thyme and farmerjohn64 Thank this.
  9. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    Thanks, I’d love to get something closer to home, was only in for a month after my grandpa passed away and got let go from Schneider before I left again for here for 6 weeks

10. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Check out Tyson Foods

11. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.