Independent Contractors be aware

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by love that jake break, Nov 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love that jake break

love that jake break Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I just got off the phone with the wage Division of Michigan over a complaint against a company I worked for that DID NOT pay as they said, in fact they refused my last paycheck. According to Michigan Laws, Unless you work locally for the state of Michigan you will not have claim rights to wages owed. So what this means is any independent contractor who drives for a fleet manager or possibly themselves is at risk of losing money.
    I was quoted 1400.00 a week by Transtewart Trucking, and when I got there I was put in another owners truck who was on border patrol and then told I would only make 30% of any jobs done.
    My paychecks were only 388.00 a week, this went on for a month til I said enough is enough , this nearly caused me to be evicted and loose my car that I worked hard to obtain. I was offered another driving position under the same pretenses of making good money as a independent contractor, I said no thanks, twice burned 3rd time wont happen.
    So if anyone else has been given the shaft to a lure of lies, there really isn't anything anyone can do, and these types of businesses are flooring the economy and that's sad because many great drivers are blasted over this sham. I found a decent company who has been good to me thus far I only wish they contacted me before I went the other route.
    So in essence, being over the road for this type is tricky. And I wonder if anyone else had this experience? It needs to stop now. This I'm sure is with any state, not just Michigan
    Thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PolkaTramp

PolkaTramp Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Yes. Unfortunately most if not all states has that "within the state" rule. Illinois Labor Department takes such claim but warns in advance it will not apply to some1 that drove from state to state. But they also said they would investigate if got it and likely to shut down at least temporarily new entity if enough "connection evidence" found. Maybe some individuals can be even investigated...

love that jake break Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Why in the world would you not hook your truck, your very own truck tractor that is... to haul the loads for that 1400 or whatever rate.

Why in the world would you take some other owners truck who apparently is far far away, don't know you from adam and so on Would you want me or someone else to show up and be stuck into YOUR truck? (I don't think so.. out of respect...)

I think anyone can sprout a rate on the phone designed to catfish you over to a company and then get told you only make a small amount doing someone else's truck.

Im sorry, if I am told one thing usually in writing (Or not at all) and show up at the yard with my tractor I expect that I have work to do. And you get it moving. Pay me. Anything else is BS and non starter. I would absolutely get back into the tractor and drive away and not put a wheel inside your gate.

I hope my thoughts and partial questions can have answers. Being told 1400 and showing up to be told 300 something is sure bad. Real bad.

5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Why would you even accept? Do you like it with no Vaseline? Lesson learned... Move on man!

6. love that jake break

Nov 2, 2017
    True on what u say, however like the above its growing onto a problem. The twist is the way the laws apply which is corrupt. The stupid thing is the state claims unless you drive locally they don't owe you a dime, most stupidest thing ever. As for driving another's truck it's been like that for a while,( fleet management) the point being is they way it's done, bait and switch which is illegal and these two faced states are supporting that sham. I got the exleriance of an OO, but I would never recommend doing this. Companies are now offering bonus sign ins to join, as a OO, I wouldn't recommend that either. Fact is if you quit before that bonus is paid , they don't have to pay the remainder out. And I can promise you all this, you will get shanked either way.
    AND YES I HAVE MOVED ON, just decided to post this to warn the unaware what skanks are out there and the this nation is two faced. Watch your backs!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  7. love that jake break

Nov 2, 2017
    What you say is logical, thing here... no one wants to bother investigating it's to much for them to figure out, no brainer. A scam is a scam. The nation is based on the lies being lead as truth. This is a twisted world run by sick deranged people . I understand why other countries threaten us.

8. love that jake break

Nov 2, 2017
    Y
    Your one to talk, heh you decided to drive for Matin, where they back into other trucks cause they don't get out and look. Lol. Stop banging on the wrong door.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2018
    Reason for edit: Instigating
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.