Indian River

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tanker_82, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I’ve never been loaded over weight that I can remember. There’s been times where I’ve only grossed 76,000. Usually it’s between 78K and 79K.
    I’ve never had a problem taking breaks at any of the places I’ve been to. There’s a place in Coopersville, MI that won’t let you in if you’re more than 30 minutes early, and they want you to leave once you’re finished but there’s truck parking a half mile away.

tommymonza and Evomalo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrossettDriver

CrossettDriver Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    When I was with IRT their was one juice plant in city of industry, ca that wouldent let me park before or after appt. that was the only place I went to where I had any issues as far as parking

4. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    They let us park there now if you’re talking about Tropicana in Industry. We park in the back next to the drivers lounge. Security guard walks back there and gets us when it’s our turn to unload.

5. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    One good thing about hauling milk, most dairies will allow you to park before or after you are unloaded and most of them have a fenced in yard. There are a few that do not let you, but very few.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  6. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I haul more juice than I do dairy products at IRT.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  7. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    I was under the impression that the Driver unloaded the tank. Somewhere in this thread I thought I saw a post or two saying that the customer does that. Does the Driver hook up the hose or not ? Is the unloading process done by the receiver ? What is the usual process ? What about the loading process ? Thanks.

8. CrossettDriver

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    The driver don’t load or unload at Indian river , their website says 95% no touch , when I was with them I had to hook up the hose once at some dairy around the Washington d c area.

MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  9. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    Thanks. Are most food grade tank jobs like that ? I'm only familiar with pneumatic tanks and water bottles ( vacuum tank ).

10. CrossettDriver

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    I think Bynum is the same way as Indian river, but I think a lot of other other foood grade company’s the driver does the unloading.

11. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    X2 on what CrossetDriver said. When I pulled food grade pneumatic we unloaded ourselves after the receiver unlocked the silo pipe. I can’t answer for other companies because IRT is the only food grade liquid outfit I’ve worked for.
    Being my nature and my history of growing up as a farm hand where you don’t stand around and let another man do all the work, I got out of the truck on my first load with IRT and tried to help the receiver. I was basically told to go wait in the truck or the break room and that I wasn’t allowed to touch anything.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.