Indian River

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tanker_82, Oct 30, 2016.

1. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Sitting at one of my favorite mom & pop places. Oasis at Robertsdale, AL. I listen to Road dog trucking a lot and I constantly hear drivers complaining about ELD‘s. About loss of revenue. I believe the drivers personally have a problem, not the ELD. I left Tulare, CA about 3:30pm with 7 hrs left on Thursday. I got here today around noon. My load delivers Tuesday, but I’ll be at the yard tomorrow around 9am, 61 miles away. Good planning, keeping the left door shut, you can get miles. I know Tanker_82 turns a lot of miles as well. Each day I drove around 630, and only stopped once for 45 minutes each day. The miles and money are out there if you want it enough.

Tanker_82 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Totally agree. I listen to some of them on there too. IRT did the right thing when they switched the fleet over to ELDs. They raised the mileage pay to account for any loss of miles we were running when we were doing what we wanted on paper. When I worked here 4 years ago it was 37 cents loaded/empty with paper logs. Now it’s in the 40s with elogs. Probably because they bid their hauls and structured the company to meet the changes of the industry, unlike some of the maw and paw companies that thought the Outlaw way would last forever. I’ve noticed an increase in drop/hooks since 4 years ago, I always get an honest 10 hours of “me time”, and still make as much or more money. To me that’s working smarter, not harder. I’ve worked for companies in the past where I had to doctor the book every day, run more miles, never get a full 10 or honest 34 and still didn’t make as much money. Lol. I look back on that and realize I was being another man’s fool. Fudging and running illegal just to account for someone else’s short comings as a manager/dispatcher/ or the lack of someone’s financing power to set their co up the right way. There’s times where I’ve been headed home and ran out of hours 3-4 hours away and it was aggravating. But on the flip side no one can force ya to stay awake 22 hours hauling a load anymore.

4. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Anyone know if you can take a truck on 191 and 491 thru Utah? I’m loading wine in Grandview, WA headed to Fort Stockton, TX. GPS is telling me to cut down thru Utah to Farmington, NM then run 550 over to I-25 North of Albuquerque. Any input is appreciated. Don’t have to be there until Friday morning. If need be I can go down to Cedar City, UT and cut over to 89 down to Flagstaff (done that one before. Thanks.

5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Maybe @MachoCyclone or @Kamkor can help. They are not tankers but run all over the west side of the country.

Tanker_82 Thanks this.
  6. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Yes you can run 6 from Spanish fork to 191 south through Moab to Monticello then 491 through Colorado to NM. I know this because I just came up that way at 114’long 12wide and 170,000lbs

7. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks. Any chance I can swing over by Monument Valley without being on a restricted route while I’m in that area?

8. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    No Idea - I am always on a state route plan

Tanker_82 Thanks this.
  9. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Made it to the terminal around 11am. Once I got here, they let me know it was a drop at the customer. Oh well. Needed to run some errands anyway. Going to head down after my 10 and drop it. I don’t get any hours back the next two days, so I might squeeze a 34 while I’m home.

motocross25 and Tanker_82 Thank this.
  10. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I got loaded fast this morning in Grandview. Total time spent on their property was 44 minutes. I’m aiming for Ogden, UT for my 10.

11. roadhammer123

roadhammer123 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Springfield, Ma. area
    You can't route yourself with IRT you have to stick to there pre plan routing?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.