Indian River

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tanker_82, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I think the idle time affecting speed thing is outdated information.

I know someone who recently applied to Oakley last month and the only thing offered was their Van division. Not saying that's a bad thing, but he turned it down because he specifically wanted tanker.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yankee1919

Yankee1919 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2019
    Good morning,
    Is Indian River a good starter company. Thanks

4. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Indian River requires 2 years experience.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  5. Yankee1919

Yankee1919 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2019
  6. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Last time I spoke with them last year i was told 2 years or 1 year tanker experience .

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Just started reading this thread. Some memories there when you start mentioning all those dairy locations.

I used to haul milk for MDT right around the corner from the Fairlife plant in Coopersville. I hauled out of Fair Oaks 2018-2019 and never saw a IRT tank there. Always Ruan I thought..

I do like that IRT goes nationwide. MDT was a great company to work for. Just couldn't take endless runs around Chicago from Michigan to Wisconsin.

Always liked the last 40 miles of that run into Darlibgton.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  8. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    You dedicated milk haulers must make some serious coin. All that time waiting at dairies combined with the battering from milk surge makes me wish I never hauled another load of it again.

QuietStorm, tommymonza and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. CrossettDriver

CrossettDriver Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    Yea Indian River lost fair oaks to ruan sometime in 2011 I believe , you could make good money if you wanted to run

tommymonza Thanks this.
  10. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    No, I’m not familiar with Oakley. The idle rewards is no longer in existence to my knowledge. My truck runs 70mph and I idle 24-7 for the most part.

I left home July 5th, took a load from McAllen to Newark (drop/hook), reloaded at the Port of Wilmington DE (drop/hook) and took it to Sulphur Springs, TX (live offload). Dead headed to McAllen (drop/hook) took one to Riverside, CA (live offload). Went from there to Visalia, then back to Sulphur Springs. Dead headed back to McAllen (drop/hook) and took one to Tolleson, AZ (drop/hook), picked up a loaded one there and went to Denver. I’m in Colorado tonight after dropping and hooking that one at Kroger’s. Hopefully that gives you an idea on the runs I typically do. That’s a 3 week example. I love it here and have no complaints. December will be 4 years.

Good luck to you on whichever one you decide to go with.

11. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I haul juice 80% of the time. Since I left home on July 5th I’ve only hauled one dairy load and that was the cream load I brought to Denver this afternoon. It was a drop/hook in Tolleson, AZ and a drop/hook at Kroger’s in Denver. Most of my loads are orange, lime, or apple.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.