Indian River Transport, Bynum Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Joker24, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Flip Flops

Flip Flops Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2012
    The Left Lane..
    yep, that was one of them..

I see tankers going into Publix in Lakeland when I'm in there also, will have to see who the company is I know they have a picture of a cow on the tank..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snappshot

Snappshot Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Pinellas Park, FL
    How will IRT let you run your logs?

xdrillsgt Thanks this.
  4. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I'm hauling fuel now and making much more $$ than I ever did with IRT. It's a start at the time and I didn't know any better, but there are better opportunities out there. IRT, Bynum, Oakley, they are all the same pretty much. IRT are still paying around 35c mile. Not much change from 6 yrs ago.
    But their benefits were decent. Chemical hauling/tanker will be a better bet. Hazmat will always pay better Good luck

bentstrider83 and xdrillsgt Thank this.
  5. doughboy180

doughboy180 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Spring, TX
    That is Southeast Milk. They have a website. Google it

6. barwick

barwick Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Manning,SC
    Msg Slowmotion2012 about these places. He worked at both and said not good. He told me alot of horror stories about them!!

7. xdrillsgt

xdrillsgt Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    champlain,ny
    I work for irt and drive 3300 mi a week constantly making about 1450.00 gross home every other weekend load in florida and go to canada and back been with irt 6 yrs just no ez pass

Bigdrmz Thanks this.
  8. taz'smom

taz'smom Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2009
    ocala,fl
    My husband and I live in Florida and he hauls thoroughbred race horses for a living as a team company driver. He's been at it for 4 1/2 yrs. and he makes about $51,000 gross consistently year after year. It's hard work and a specialty not all drivers want to do, but it is a division of trucking that pays well and lets us enjoy the "Florida lifestyle". He loves it!

9. Bigdrmz

Bigdrmz Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    Do You still work at IRT? I am looking into them now. I live in Houston, have done pipeline work since '08. As the oilfield / Pipeline industry has taken a serious downturn, it's time to get back in a truck I guess. I've driven since '94 and have pulled pneumatic tank with frac sand and cement. I've hauled cars and pulled vans, reefer, flat and stepdeck.
    I spoke to a man in the Clovis office and he told me .42cpm to start and hauling the milk would give me more work than I wanted. They seemed straight forward enough and liked what I heard.
    I have read several threads with so much negativity but as we all know, you can give a truck driver a pound of gold and he'll ##### because he has to carry it.
    I like seeing somebody who makes the situation work to their advantage and makes the best of it. If you could verify anything that I heard from the Clovis terminal I would appreciate it.

10. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I worked for IRT for 8 yrs but I left in 06 so things may have changed. One caveat with hauling milk that you need to know. Always LIVE load milk.. Do NOT let them pre load the trailer for you. I learned this the hard way when they almost forced me to take a load that was way over on gross. I refused to take it and they relented when they realized I was serious. It was a constant problem for me in Clovis where there are a ton of milk loads. Unfortunately there are many drivers that are suckers and would take anything. Just stay legal and don't be pushed into doing stuff that is illegal.

bentstrider83, RookieJ1987 and Bigdrmz Thank this.
  11. clm3

clm3 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2014
    I want to try indian can I make money living in Florida

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.