Indian River Transport, Bynum Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Joker24, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Living in Fl will restrict your options. working for IRT should be OK, but food grade will not pay as much as chemical tanker hauling. You will get top equipment, so give it a whirl and good luck

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. River-driver

River-driver Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Florida is the place to be for IRT ;)
    Other than hauling stage equipment...irt was my favorite trucking job.

4. RookieJ1987

RookieJ1987 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    What was your weekly gross when you drove for Foodliner?

5. ATM FAN 62

ATM FAN 62 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2018
    1744-HOURS TWOSDAY JUNE 05, 2018 RHHCDT -@- TA VERO BEACH, FL -

FOR “dlanier303” AND ANYONE ELSE LOOKING FOR A GOOD TANKER COMPANY TO WORK FOR -

NOT SURE WHERE YOU CALL HOME AND DONT KNOW THEIR HIRING AREA BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO GIVE WYNNE TRANSPORT (Omaha, NE) A CALL . . .

THEY’RE HAZMAT CHEMICAL IF THAT DOESN’T BOTHER YOU...ELD’S LIKE ANYONE ELSE THESE DAYS...

IN MY OPINION, THEY ARE GREAT PEOPLE WHO PROVIDE A GREAT TANKER OPPORTUNITY - PULLING FOR GREAT CUSTOMERS - AND PROVIDING GREAT EQUIPMENT THAT IS WELL-MAINTAINED...

THEY RUN 48 AND CANADA WITH SOME LOADS DROPPED AT THE MEXICAN BORDER...

THE PAY IS 50-CENTS PER MILE WITH VERY LITTLE OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE AS THEY HAVE CAB MOUNTED TRANSPONDERS FOR THE TOLL ROADS YOU MIGHT NEED TO USE...BUT IN THE EVENT YOU DO HAVE TO PULL SOME CHANGE OUT OF YOUR POCKET FOR A NEEDED ITEM, YOU DONT HAVE TO CHASE THEM DOWN TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK...

I’VE WORKED FOR SEVEN OTHER TANKER COMPANIES (none of them food-grade) OVER THE PAST 22-YEARS AND THESE PEOPLE BY FAR...ARE THE BEST I’VE WORKED FOR...

CIRCUMSTANCE HAS REQUIRED ME TO LEAVE THEM FROM TIME TO TIME BUT I’M BACK NOW DOING MY 3RD HITCH WITH WYNNE...

I’M CLOSER TO 100 NOW THAN 25 BUT ONE THING I’VE LEARNED IS YOU’VE GOT TO ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS...AND DON’T STOP UNTIL YOU’RE SATISFIED...!!!

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT WYNNE IS THAT THEY ARE REASONABLE AND DOWN-TO-EARTH...THEY DISPATCH YOU AND GIVE YOU THE FREEDOM AND INDEPENDENCE TO COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNMENT WITHOUT ALWAYS LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER...BUT...THEY ARE THERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED THEM...

AND THAT IS MY 2/cents WORTH...

rodney

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2018
    Reason for edit: removed truck number
  6. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Yep, always read the little chart on the frame of the tanker with the corresponding inches-to-gallons. Then get a tape measure and measure from the center of the dome lid-lip to the bottom. Then match a wooden ruler, or stiff plastic drink straw about 6-8 inches down from the top of the dome and use that to stop the milk at.
    Of course it'll have to be calibrated for a different trailer, but having different measuring sticks made out will always ensure a 47-48,500 load out. If there's extra milk left at the bottom of the silo, that's the dairies problem, get sealed and get rolling.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.