Indiana Toll Road Rates Going Up For Trucks

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho

I'm not sure what was going on there... But I ran through there twice earlier this fall... Was wondering the same thing.

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    They put in a diagonal from the cafe that used to be on the 90 degree corner to just east of Shipshewana. Great improvement. I don't know what else it would benefit from.

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    @stayinback
    Don't think of it as an extra $100, think of it as a 921% increase from 1992 to 2018 ....
    "Inflation".

I will have to pay closer attention to my toll transponder statements. I've only been at this since 2007, and it was $33 something the first times I used it. It's at the point now it's worth it to avoid.

bzinger and stayinback Thank this.
  5. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Well Sure it is.....That's just outright ill affordable and does NOT follow true to a proper inflation- They Must really think everyone in society is Dumber than a Box of Rocks.

I Don't use it anymore- When it jumped from $12.80 to like $27 bucks- I was Cussing them out-And this was in like 2004ish.

So do proper math to follow inflation- Toll Road iopened in the 1950's I believe- So,To give the benefit of the doubt- It went from maybe a few bucks to cross it in the 50's to $12.80 in 1991 (When I first used it)

So That's 35-40 years and an increase of 10 dollars. That Fits about right with me and inflation

How do you go another 26 years and Jump up over $100?!?

And We Wonder why people are so angry these days.

JonJon78, gokiddogo and bzinger Thank this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    The wrong people were in charge. This f***up dates back to when Mitch Daniels was governor of Indiana.

bzinger and stayinback Thank this.
  7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Well, who's ultimately paying for these rate increases in higher food prices? The people in the northeast, the northwest, the upper midwest, and Illinois. Couldn't happen to a better group of people.

But on a related note. If you really want to keep things in perspective and assign criticism, I think Pennsylvania and others win the prize. Indiana's past rate increases pale in comparison to what PA Turnpike, Chicagoland, and the various NY/NJ and other bridges throughout the eastern seaboard have done in the last 15 years.

Like was mentioned earlier. Indiana is only playing "catch up" with these other toll authorities.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    They’re doing the same thing in your neck of the woods too. It seems like every time I pass thru the DFW Metroplex,Austin,Houston and San Antonio there’s an on/off ramp,express lane or highway that requires an E-Z Tag or TxTag!!;)
    As I’ve said before, if you’re going to institute a tolling program for road and bridge maintenance/repair you toll EVERYONE who uses said roads and bridges EQUALLY,not just trucks!! The trucks are already paying hundreds of dollars in fees for licensing, registration,insurance,IFTA (where TF is all that money going,BTW)permits,etc..

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Cant argue with that........
    Illinois was affordable until 2004 when Rod Blagojevich became Governor, The Tristate tollway shot up from $1.25 per toll to $4.00 per toll- And it was $1.25 per toll for over 15 years!

Penna turnpike- From New Stanton to Carlisle was like $20 bucks! Now its $100. GW Bridge-Outerbridge Verrazano $20 bucks!

Northeast extension from 80 down to valley forge was 9 BUCKS!

My Point is -AFFORDABLE and Reasonable............Now it Makes me sick

Does NOT follow reasonable inflation

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Its just anouther tax.... On the most ovwrworked and over taxed cou try in thw world.

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Well, there are numerous citizens in other nations who would laugh at you if you think YOU are the most taxed people (in USA). You should feel fortunate living and working in the USA. You’ve got it great in comparison to others. France recently may have crossed the breaking point with taxes and the citizenry is now fed up to the point of revolving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.