info about southern pride trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by WhatALongStrangeTrip, Dec 5, 2014.

1. WhatALongStrangeTrip

WhatALongStrangeTrip Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2011
    New York
    Anybody know anything about southern pride trucking out of san diago ,ca. good co. or what appreciate all the info anybody knows thinking about buying and leasing on

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    From what I understand they're specialized and you're gone all the time. 120" double eagle sleepers on most of their trucks usually they run team from what I understand I've seen 1 truck in my 3 years hooked to an rgn. I'm going to assume they make good money but from what I read on the website didn't seem like they paid very well I can't say for sure. I do know the reason for the big bunks is because you're gone for most of the year and your expected to make every appt. Miss one and you'll get a major ### chewing from what I understand don't know never worked for them ain't my cup of tea. Give them a call would be your best bet see what it all entails.

4. nctraveler

nctraveler Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Charlotte,NC
    If you are looking to get into the aviation industry and that form of specialized hauling check out this website. www.koletrucking.com

It is a neighbor of mine here in Charlotte, NC who was leased to Southern Pride and after a few years started his own company and is basically hauling the same freight and from what I have seen is getting a few of the SP O/OP to come and lease on with him. Worth checking out if you are looking for a smaller company. I know he stills drives every week and has a new KW after selling his big shack Pete. Owner is a real nice guy and has over 30 years of driving so knows a little more than sitting behind a desk or being a big company with nothing but policies and educated desk jockeys

Kole_Trucking and Rufus60 Thank this.
  5. WhatALongStrangeTrip

Nov 7, 2011
    New York
    Thanks drivers for the info will check out kole

6. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    they don't make as much as most think, the trucks with big sleepers run teams and have to run a lot of miles to make it,,spoke with a couple single drivers and they much less than I did finding my own loads and running with my own authority,,

Rufus60 and WhatALongStrangeTrip Thank this.
  7. WhatALongStrangeTrip

Nov 7, 2011
    New York
    I read an article on Big Rig Owner .com they said teams were grossing 350,000 - 400,000 a year singles 280,000 - 300,000 a year you were gone 6 to 8 weeks with 2 weeks off. Not true?

8. River-driver

River-driver Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Nashville, TN

I guess nobody ever cared to argue lol

9. teampitts3

teampitts3 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    I just talked to guy there today. That was pretty much exactly what I was told.

10. timm45

timm45 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2014
    With the payments those guys have on those trucks,they're gonna have to make good money. Go look at the price of even a used Pete or KW with a 136" ICT sleeper. It ain't chump change.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.