info on swift

Discussion in 'Swift' started by cowboys_fan79, Oct 28, 2008.

1. cowboys_fan79

cowboys_fan79 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Corbin, KY
    i will be starting training school with DRS. Inc soon and i wil be driving for Swift. Can anyone tell me if this is a good choice or not. The other company is CR England. any info is helpful. Thanx

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lost Dutchman

Lost Dutchman Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    Swift is a good company,5 payraises first year,the best equipment and trucks,freightliner,international pro stars,volvos,KWs.lots of loads,and benifits,clean terminals!Dont listen to the supertruckers.You make it what you want to make it.Drive Safe,Im Out! Lost Dutchman

ChipnChair, Beans and pawpaw Thank this.
  4. SCUBA_Guy

SCUBA_Guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Ditto! For the first year or two anyway. :)

5. jeepdavetj

jeepdavetj Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Campobello, SC
    I can go with swift but have heard so many horror stories. Is this the honest truth that if you do your job and don't complain that they will be OK to work for? Thanks for any more info.

6. macho52

macho52 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2008
    merritt Island, FL
    Hi Cowboys Fan. I just got done with Swift academy in Millington TN and I loved it. It was a great exp for me and I passed my DMV test in Florida. I will be in orientation on the 23rd and go with a mentor after that. Everything good so far and the people are really nice at the acadamy they run it like a military boot camp but thats good and keeps you in focus.:yes2557:

7. SCUBA_Guy

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    You can get horror stories for any company. If you use Swift to get experience, keep focused on the fact that you're only there to get as much experience as you can and always keep learning and have a positive attitude, it will be good for you. I was with Swift for 2 years. I can't say it was all bad, as I did get 2 years driving experience out of it. I made a point of using the time to learn, be professional and be respectful of my fellow drivers, no matter what company they are with...even if it wasn't returned.

jeepdavetj Thanks this.
  8. n784a

n784a Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2008
    North West,Florida
    Is Swift hiring in Florida...last I checked they told me to call back at the begining of March

9. macho52

macho52 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2008
    merritt Island, FL
    They may be booked up until March but they may call you. Put the app on line and then call. They have a class starting every week in Millington TN.:yes2557:

10. mercusa

mercusa Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Fallon, NV
    Last I heard, they are cutting class size and cancelling classes (not every week though). The Drivers are not quitting as fast as they use to and the turnover for students getting a truck have a waiting period (probably due to the economy)

11. SCUBA_Guy

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Little tip here: Do like Macho said and put your application online and call. Then keep calling every day! Don't be a twonk about it, but just show you're eager and interested. Doesn't hurt anything.

Baack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.