Inland Empire local routes?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Bryanssilva, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Bryanssilva

Bryanssilva Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Any companies hiring for local routes/yardjockey in inland empire? Looking to be home everyday currently with Werner right now only have about 1 month 15 days experience....

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EatYourVeggies

EatYourVeggies Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2016
    1 month 15 days total or just with Werner?

Most gigs that get you home every day will require more experience. Still can't hurt to start researching now so when you qualify you'll have a better idea what's out there.

4. Bryanssilva

Mar 28, 2017
    Yeah just with Werner... Werner is my first company.. yeah I'm already trying to look for local/yardjockey positions not liking otr... Yeah I noticed most companies want experience I hear some people getting yard jockey positions without experience so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone found one... Thanks..

5. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    There's going to be a slim chance to none that you're going to find a Yard Jockey position in the IE with 1 month OTR experience.

I have 18 years experience Local and OTR with no accidents ever, and I applied for numerous Yard Jockey positions in the IE with them telling me I need at least one year Yard Jockey experience for them to even consider me.

You may have better luck with finding a local gig, but truthfully your one month OTR barely even counts as verifiable experience.

Most local companies want at least 1 year verifiable experience, it may be better to stick it out with Werner for at least six months to a year before you start job hopping.

Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Just a thought here. You might try looking at non trucking companies, that do a lot of business with the trucking companies. Sometimes these places will hire yard dog drivers, just to move trailers around on their property.

7. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    If I was you not trying to tell you what to do, I would stay there for at least 6-8 months then try to move, I also if you went to their school you may be under a contract on most of these companies will not touch you, and last but least if you are looking to change jobs in 30 days what you think the next job is going to think

8. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    One month and 15 days count as nothing lol. That being said i believe jb #### will take you with only 3 months and they have a yard in san bernadoo. My company hires out of the inland empire for food service, theyll put you in a bobtail for a year since you pretty much have zero experience. Pm if youre interested

9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Hit up Robertson's(gravel and sand), they have yards all over the IE. Hope you have doubles endorsement. They hire anybody. What does that tell you.......

10. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Gardner in Chino is another one that might give you a break, again.....they will start you in doubles. You need doubles endorsement. Btw, they will train you for skateboarding.

11. Bryanssilva

Mar 28, 2017
    Thanks everyone for all the replies.. I will look into these companies.... I know it's not much experience... Just really not liking being otr... Different lifestyle im also 21 and haven't been away from home that long.. maybe just need to get used to it ... I'm going to try and stick with Werner for a while see how it goes or maybe they can work something out for me.. and if anything I'll get my doubles and try out Robertson's etc other companies. I called JB hunt they said I need atleast 90 days for them to even offer me a job so I'll just probably stay with Werner till then.... Thanks everyone!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.