Insurance

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mike Mci, May 24, 2019.

1. Mike Mci

Mike Mci Light Load Member

May 4, 2019
    Yeah I will but I also need comprehension and collision for them to release the truck if I can just get my hands on the truck the company I’m signing on with offers all of that and occupational accident for about five grand a year It’s just like a big catch 22

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Can you introduce me to your mom?

SL3406, zep1218, HoneyBadger67 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    I have comprehensive and everything else on my “Non Trucking Liability “ policy.. You’ll have it signed sealed and delivered from them in probably less than an hour after calling. They charged me $350 to write the policy and if I remember correctly...25% down.

If you don’t have to get it through your company, I wouldn’t. 5k seems a little steep unless it’s a brand new truck?

Mike Mci Thanks this.
  5. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    hAha. She is a broker for a large real estate company called long and foster. So i was able to use one of their agents. IT worked out for me in a big way

Mike Mci Thanks this.
  6. Concorde

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    @Mike Mci

I just reread your OP and I think likely you’re confusing the agents by telling them you’re an O/O..

Just tell them you bought a truck and are leasing it to a Carrier..nothing more

Mike Mci Thanks this.
  7. Mike Mci

May 4, 2019
    Yeah you might be right Concorde I think they think I’m riding with authority or something because I’m not having any luck I’m going to try that link that you sent me I appreciate the feedback brother

Concorde Thanks this.
  8. Mike Mci

May 4, 2019
    Just filled out the questionnaire Concorde Keeping my fingers crossed thanks again

9. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    You have a finance contract so your lean on capital then you do this without checking in to see if you can even get insurance ? So when a insurance company quotes you $10,000 down payment and $2,000 per month what would be your next step ? Just lease on with a bigger company.

Mike Mci Thanks this.
  10. Concorde

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    I’m sure his “lease contract” is contingent upon securing insurance.. Also getting Non Trucking Liability or Bobtail insurance (somewhat the same but different) is much easier to obtain.. than if he were trying to get insured as a new entrant.

Mike Mci Thanks this.
  11. Concorde

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Don’t bother with the questionnaire..likely they’ll never see it..Just call them.

Mike Mci Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.