interested in pulling containers in the Atlanta area any info on good companies

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by dewhit, Sep 29, 2012.

1. lorha1159

lorha1159 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    virginia beach,Va
    I would imagine thats a direct customer rate and not steamship rate?Still .96 to the truck round trip w/o the fsc. All my freight is med boxes and it comes from from med. There rate is sheet. Apm to asheboro to the truck 462.96 and 131.82 fsc. If i wasnt planning on getting outta cans id ask where ur at as i need to come there lol.

Biggest thing when comparing container co and where they are located is whether or not they are a direct terminal or an agency. Lets say railport( just picking one from random for an example) agency run by personal A in Savannah might be great while railport agency here in Va might be run by someone not so great. Just something to take in account when ppl from different locations have different feelings on companys.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Our O/O is expected to have his own authority, insurance, etc., but he uses our SCAC to pull cans from ramps and depots, he's paid 95% of what we charge the broker plus FSC. I've seen some of those settlement checks, there are weeks where he's taken $8,000 for 5 days work and weeks where he's taken $2,500 for 3 days work, it all depends on business. Right now when it's slow, he only works 3 days a week.

Most of the companies in our area pay their O/O's 70% or 75% plus FSC, but they operate under the companies authority, we are the only one's who pay different but we expect the driver to be more of an independent contractor.

4. kazak88

kazak88 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    Striker, if the pay is so great why won't you name the company? Let us all in on the secret to joing a great company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.