Interested in starting with Roehl

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by doninwooster, Feb 24, 2018.

1. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    I pretty much ran a triangle Minneapolis, St. Louis and Cincinnati. Could never get 2500 mi.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    If you need to go to a cdl school, go to a local vocational college. Much cheaper and you wont be under any contract. There will be employers coming to your school begging you to come work for them. Find the best one, stick it out a year there, then go wherever you want.

4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I would pick Millis over Roehl every day of the week and twice on Sunday. You won’t make any money over there and they’ll micro manage you to death.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Funny you should bring up death, Frank........

6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Hate to see a perfectly good neck spoil!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    A coworker went to Roehl 4 mos ago. I called him last week to ask how it was going and he told me it was fine. According to this soon-to-retire old timer, If you want to run hard, you can top $80k; if not so hard, you can still get over 1200/week and have every weekend off.
    His plan is the same for which I am considering Roehl: work full time for one year to get the 10,000 sign on bonus, then dial back to part time. Roehl is one of the few companies that will let you work part time.

8. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I’d be wary of them getting you to like 100k then short hopping the heck out of you. But that’s just me, and I’m a glass 1/2 empty kind of guy.

That’s a good point. In St. Louis they used to advertise a lot of 7/on 7/off I think.

9. doninwooster

doninwooster Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Wooster, OH
    motocross25, have you worked for Roehl? I am curious because of your comment about "short hopping" after 100,000 miles.

10. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    No I never have. I’m just leery of what some these companies promote. Especially after reading some of the horror stories on here and going through a crap show of my own recently switching companies. It’s almost another language you hafta decipher with all the reading between the lines and clauses. But on that same token, it might be the best place and you’d wish you’d done it years ago! Just ask lots of questions. And if it seems a bit too good to be true, it probably is.

11. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    From what I understand, both Roehl and Millis have a camera shoved in your face. I went to a local community college and got my CDL for $2500. This is a much better route if you can do it. If not from what I hear Millis is the better choice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.