Interesting find on 09 Top 10 Driver log violations

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by SmokeyCowboy009, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Well, you also have some of those companies that have forced dispatch and will tell you run it or loose your job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Well none of them EVERY told me such a thing. You can only bully the weak. Now I have had them say such things as " Well other drivers did it " and " Other drivers can do it" I just told them that I don't care what other drivers do. Other drivers are stupid too. If you want it there on this truck. Then this is when it will be there. So let me know if you want me to run it or not. Of course they also know that if I say it will del at 0800 Monday. Then that is when it will be there. Barring problems I have no control over.

foodmojo Thanks this.
  4. dieselbear

dieselbear Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Wait and see. The compliance review's have smacked quite a few companies silly. CSA 2010 sounds like it will deliver a knock out punch to a few.

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I have seen the way a company worked when they got the DOT in and checked them. Threatened to shut them down to get compliance.

Within weeks of complying, they were back the way they were.

I know they should, but as a realist I do not see it. I see them continueing to place the blame on the driver even though it leads to them.

6. jeepskate99

jeepskate99 Road Train Member

That's a ton of carriers to work for too. I wonder if "letting them know" had anything to do with you obviously not having a good experience and moving on?

7. bubba mark

bubba mark Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009

Force dispatch does not mean force you to run illegally. If you can not leagally run a load they can't make you take it. Now that doesn't mean they won't give you #### for not running it. If more drivers would grow a set and understand that then things would work out alright in the long run.

Scott Mac. and TankerYankr Thank this.
  8. Storm

Storm Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2009
    USA
    Yea exactly i run forced Dispatch. But i always run Legal .

9. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    And if frogs had wings, they wouldnt bump their aas everytime they hopped either!

10. jeepskate99

jeepskate99 Road Train Member

They bump their ##### now?

11. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Most of them where good places to work. till they started coming up with to many stupid rules then I was out of there.
    Swift: Worked there 6 yrs was very happy. Had a chance to run from WA. to AK. so I took it. Had nothing at all to do with Swift.
    May: Worked here 5 yrs. Was a good company when I hired on that only took drivers with 2+ yrs of exp and good DMV records. Ran great equipment and did coast to coast. The the last year they got stupid, Started doing students and it went down hill from there fast.
    Shaffer: Good miles but could never get me home on time or back out on time. After 6 mos of this I decided I'd had enough of that.
    WSE: Really liked it hear, Good people, Good miles. They do run auto trans. and I didn't like that. Ran for them for 6 mos. Then was asked by an O/O friend of mine in AK. to drive one of his truck up the haul road.
    Marten: So far has been good. Get good miles, have the truck I like and get home on time ever time. Only thing I don't like here is the per-diem. But for now thats no big deal.
    So no tell them I won't run illegal has had no effect on my job while there or why I left.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.