Interstate Truck Driving Jobs

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by OregonJoe, Feb 20, 2013.

1. OregonJoe

OregonJoe Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Portland Oregon
    I am currently driving with Interstate and hopefully can answer any questions and help anyone that may be considering Interstate as carrier to drive for. I am currently running the 11 Western and I have been 98 percent happy with the loads and miles assigned. All trucking companies have hiccups and how the company responds to these and works with the driver is what is important. I have had one issue that was addressed lightning fast and I am happy with my job. I get decent miles and health insurance for the family that is very good and affordable. I also get home as often as I request with no glitches. I have been working pretty hard lately and can say its been 85% drop and hook with a few live loads and unloads sprinkled in. I pull dry vans and most of the accounts we stop at have prestaged trailers so it helps with the drop and hooks. I will also say that all of our preplans are very generous with delivery times and they afford us ample time to make on time deliveries. I drive pretty hard (11 hours a day) so often I get to the consignee a day early most of the time and I send a request into the fleet manager to get a drop in one of our yards or schedule an early delivery. Most of the time its a drop in one of our yards and grab another load in the yard and back out on the autobahn. You may post your questions here and I will do my best to answer them or send me a private message with your phone and I will call you as well........... thanks Trucker Joe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jande016

jande016 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Joe,
    Ok, you asked for it.......

1.) How long have you worked for Interstate?
    2.) What kind of truck were you initially issued?
    3.) What is Interstate's idle policy?
    4.) What kind of pay did you receive when you were first hired on?
    5.) Did you have to go out with a trainer for a period of time?
    6.) Can drivers park their personal vehicles at the company yard (Tacoma) when they are on the road?
    7.) APU?
    8.) How many miles do you currently average?
    9.) What other routes does ID offer other than the 11 Western?
    10.) Is ID hiring recent school grads?

Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

scottybones Thanks this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Joe, are you trying to get some referral dough? ;)

5. OregonJoe

Oct 29, 2011
    Portland Oregon
    Joe,
    Ok, you asked for it.......

1.) How long have you worked for Interstate? I started in 2012
    2.) What kind of truck were you initially issued? I am driving a 13 Freightliner Cascadia and still driving it.
    3.) What is Interstate's idle policy? Idle when you need to stay cool use bunk heaters when cold. I idle when I am in CA AND AZ or when temp is over 70 in truck never has been a issue for me. I was told in orientation a rested driver is a safe driver and if your too warm to rest then turn on the AC Driver :)
    4.) What kind of pay did you receive when you were first hired on? I am paid per mile and pay is based on EXP 11 Western you can earn up to 35 cents a mile plus 3 cents performance bonus on Dry Van and up to 39 cents on Reefer
    5.) Did you have to go out with a trainer for a period of time? no we don't train you must have one years EXP to drive. Orientation is 2 days and you get your training then in class :)
    6.) Can drivers park their personal vehicles at the company yard (Tacoma) when they are on the road? YES we do not allow drivers close to yard to take trucks home
    7.) APU? No APU
    8.) How many miles do you currently average? 2300 to 2500 can be expected less on slower weeks more on busier weeks......Depends on freight and your driving patterns
    9.) What other routes does ID offer other than the 11 Western? Only 11 Western for drivers on West Coast unless you team then you can run 48 states or owner operators can also run 48 states. We also offer a Midwest regional but I am not up to date on that
    10.) Is ID hiring recent school grads? No you must have one years exp to work for Interstate!

Rocks Thanks this.
  6. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
  7. OregonJoe

Oct 29, 2011
    Portland Oregon
    I just answer questions for those who may want to know....... Not posting driver ID for referral pay just felt if anyone wanted to know its been a really good company to me and my family thus far. Plenty of work and the benefits are nice..... Its just nice to share info with other drivers to see if our company may be what they are looking for. I look at lot of jobs and I think we are right in line with other carriers pay wise but I think we are stronger in number of loads to work versus others by watching the truck count on the 1-5 when I am on the road.....

8. OregonJoe

Oct 29, 2011
    Portland Oregon
    Yes sir google Interstate Distributors our website pops up but its www intd com

9. dfwdriver

dfwdriver Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2013
    I used to work for them and the biggest problem that I had with them was the "detention pay." In orientation it was said that orientation pay would be paid with out a problem. "In the field" though there was(and probably still is) a list of big lists of companies which would not pay detention pay for any reason.
    Other than that it was not a bad company to work for. The reason that I left the company was to be closer home due to parents with major health issues.

10. ricecakeftw

ricecakeftw Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Sounds like a solid gig, they have any local positions? I see alot of day cabs for ID in sourthern California

11. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Interstate was bought out by Saltchuck 2 years ago. The "kids" drove it into near bankruptcy. Its a changed company .. Much better

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.