Interview with UPS, says casual attire. What would you wear?

Discussion in 'UPS/UPSF' started by CK33, Oct 16, 2017.

1. CK33

CK33 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Hi all,

I have an interview on Friday for a UPS seasonal package delivery driver job. When I booked the appointment, the confirmation stated "casual attire." What does that mean for this position?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    dress pants not a suit, not ripped jeans, no shorts, nice clean shirt, preferably on the buttons all the way, not a pullover.

when i went for an interview, no such clothing restrictions were mentioned. i guess however, many people walked in wearing short shorts and tank tops. gotta be thinking better than that for any job interview.

4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Kaki's and a nice button down dress shirt. Decent shoes.

5. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    It means don't come in with flip flops or a T-shirt. Business casual. Make a good impression and don't look like your heading to a bar. Shave your beard, tuck in your shirt, cut your hair if it's long, cover all visible tats, and no sneakers. Mind as well get use to doing it the UPS way ;)

6. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Sweats, wife beater and flip flops.

207nomad and shogun Thank this.
  7. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I like boobies beer cozy and a cold foaming PBR will take you from casual wear to head of household. Instantly.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's what I usually recommend. Walmart has some decent clothes in the work clothes section; khaki pants, navy blue long sleeve work shirt with buttons. Work boots or work shoes.

Puppage Thanks this.
  9. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    You could wear a dark brown shirt and matching dark brown pants. Ya know, send them a subliminal message. Seriously, wear a nice button down long sleeve shirt that isn't loud, a nice pair of complimentary slacks ironed and pleated, nice shoes, and be shaven and presentable.

I am amazed at how some people show up to interviews dressed poorly. You can almost hear their resumé being shredded as they leave.

joshuapowell61 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.