Iowa man awarded $12 million after clinic misdiagnoses cancer

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Chinatown, Apr 7, 2019.

1. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    I hate that it happened to the guy, but it is sad that a good doctor, who possibly has a perfectly clean past record can be completely shot down financially for the rest of their lives because of one mess up. Doctors work grueling hours especially those in the ER and get grilled if they ever make a mistake. We gripe about high health care cost and how the doctors are making a killing but this is the tight wire rope they walk. One mess up and forget it. We jump all over them suing for all we got.
    Like I said I'm sorry for the guy and I hate that it happened to him. I'm sure the doctor regrets it too and it will bother them the rest of their life. Of course the tremendous debt stacked on top of their guilt will too. I know there are bad doctors that should be weeded out, I just wish we were a bit more thankful for the good doctors who save many lives throughout their career instead of grilling them for one mistake.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. darinmac38

darinmac38 Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2019
    True, but the same can be said for us truck drivers as well. And some of the most mentally messed up people I know are medical doctors. Brilliants minds, messed up mental states and emotional states, addictions, etc. Trust me on that one. Look up to doctors for their brilliant minds, but they are not Gods.

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  4. darinmac38

darinmac38 Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2019
    True, but the same can be said for us truck drivers as well. And some of the most mentally messed up people I know are medical doctors. Brilliants minds, messed up mental states and emotional states, addictions, etc. Trust me on that one. Look up to doctors for their brilliant minds, but they are not Gods.

5. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    I'm sorry for all the messages I was in bad service and couldnt send and kept trying. I'll try to erase the extra's

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.