IRP Renewal, how do you fill out the forms?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Beaver9, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    I'm in Illinois and the IRP renewal is coming this March. Can someone advise how to fill out the form for the renewal? It's my second year. I do have a copy of my first year. But I am not sure which information I need to change on the form. Can you provide instructions how to do it yourself?

All advice is appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Irp renewal is rather straight forward. Why don’t you tell us what part of it is giving you a problem.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  4. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    I pay someone to do it.

5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    @TallJoe may be able to assist. He’s in IL from what I understand.

6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    That reminds me that I need to do mine as well.
    From what I remember...they were sending an email in which they included a link and a pin - I think end of November. If you missed it or never received it, try this site....

International Registration Plan (IRP) Renewal

With that you should be able to open their online site and fill out the required information which includes the IFTA miles for the last two quarters of 2019 and the first two quarter of 2020, if I am not mistaken. Then upon finishing the online application, the algorithm should generate the invoice of how much you owe for the renewed IRP along with instructions of how to submit the payment and what to attach to it.
    The instructions will also specify whether that has to be a cashier check or personal/business check. I think they stopped accepting the payments over the phone. You'll also need a stamped copy of the 2290 to include in the correspondence. I recommend to send it all via certified mail.
    Again, it is better to call them directly/do your homework vs. asking here because something may always change about the procedure or someone may not remember a detail or two.... and this is actually too important a process to entrust someone hiding behind a cartoon on this site. ;)

You can find an agency to do it for you...it would cost about $100 ...more or less.
    I paid someone else to do it the first time but then I've done it myself every year.
    But every time, I pay attention to every step they require because that could be different in some minor details from a person to person e.g. personal check vs cashier's check, etc.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Midwest Trucker and Beaver9 Thank this.
  7. Beaver9

Jun 15, 2020
    What's the Fuel Tax Number? Where do I get that info from? And do I need to fill in?

Do I need to fill in ILCC#?

As well as the insurance info? On the original application all the info was left blank.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I wish I could help you but at his point of time and place I am in no position to do so. I don't want to lead you astray either. Maybe someone else will know... Again, Call that their number during business hours, that is what I did the first time and they helped.

9. Beaver9

Jun 15, 2020
    Do you have that info filled in when you renew online?
    I will give them a call on Monday. But I want to know if you have that info included when you do your renewal.

Thank you

10. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I don't remember. I'll try to renew mine some time next week and I'll see...When you talk to them, have your current IRP, IFTA and Insurance Info handy.

11. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    All right. I logged in there and checked...Yes, I have all that info prefilled from previous years.

The Fuel Tax Number - in my case - happens to be the same as my Federal Employer ID# with "01" at the end.
    So in my case it meets the pattern of 46 - ####### 01.
    I don't know if they apply the same pattern to everyone else though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.