Is 772 fico score good

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Cat sdp, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Barbie Q

Barbie Q Light Load Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Jackson, TN
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chris50

Chris50 Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Florida
    Just checked Discovercard.com. Down 8 pts because i got another card, :(

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  4. Barbie Q

Barbie Q Light Load Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Jackson, TN
    Hey good thing every 6 months that hard pull effects your score less and less then in 2 yrs it's gone

5. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Please to remember that these big corporations make a lot of money on financial transactions. A LOT of money. What they show on the books for customers borrowing purposes shows up on their books as cash flow. Volume of sales, customer retention, resource stability and more, lots of goodness for the lender/CC company.

6. Jerry12

Jerry12 Heavy Load Member

Sep 9, 2014

"What the Salesperson was telling you" ...sales people will erode your self esteem to then make you feel as if, they will do you a genuine service...as the sale person looks for the sale. (psychology: bad cop, good cop).

1), Always, do a market survey for the price on equipment based on serviceability: getting min. 5 independent rates.

2), While preforming a survey (5 different finance companies) for finance rates.

3), Also, Look over the extra fees that are added on for this service being provided to you.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Don't forget, there are TONS of people that max these and just pay interest. Company's make a crap ton of money off interest, as there are more people not paying them off then there are paying them in full every month.

I use mine to pay for Truck supply's, Washout's and Lumpers when I can. If I can find a same as cash pump price for credit ill put fuel on it also. Then turn around and cut a check at the end of the month.

8. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    The retail stores are paying through the nose for thos credit card transactions. Seen some small stores stop taking the plastic cause it costs them too much.

Presumably, the big retailers are marking up their prices to recoup that cost.

9. TN_Trucker75

TN_Trucker75 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Yep. You are entitled to your own free credit report from all 3 credit agencies once a year. The only site to go to get your actual free credit report's from them is annualcreditreport.com. This does NOT include your credit score, only your credit report.

10. Oaker

Oaker Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    SW Ohio
    Then again... You see more and more cash vs credit pricing. Competition drives this, as most of the 3-5% service charge is often passed along to the customer/buyer.

Not to burst any bubbles, but nothing is free in free markets.

Credit is a tool, and a good one if used wisely.

11. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    The merchants pay from 1 1/2% to 3i% transaction fees on the purchases on Visa, Discover and Mastercard. American express has higher fees and that is why some merchants will not accept American Express cards. I would also suggest a Lifelock account to watch your credit reports and who is trying to use your ID's. Another good money management tool is Mint.com.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.