Is a tire blowout considered a reportable n your dac?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rookietrucker, Feb 5, 2008.

1. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I have applied at a trucking company. Surprisely, they asked me about a accident I had in July07. Of course I had no clue as what she was talking about. She refreshed my memory and said something about a trailer tire blowout in PA. It was listed as a unpreventable mechanical failure. So, I told her yes I had a tire blowout and was not aware of any damage to anyones car. If there was a accident report filled out, it was not brought to my attention. Nor did I speak to any state trooper of the incident. So, I'm asking myself WHY? Should I be trying to get this removed off my DAC? I think this is kinda low for the company to do this but this why I left the company. I had four tire blowouts in 2 months. Advice or input is greatly appreciated.
    :biggrin_25513:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    4 blow outs in 2 months the company probably was assuming you weren't checking the tire pressure. There by claiming it was preventable.
    I don't know, just throwing some ideas out.

4. rookietrucker

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    This was the first blowout I had with them. I always check the tires because they are one of the most important things on a truck. I will say, the recaps they used were terrible.

5. drfuller18

drfuller18 Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Al
    Id fight it and make them remove it..Theres no way they can hold that against you legally, unless you curbed the tires that damaged them, and then theyd have to have the proof of it...Tires go out..Some tires Ive seen out there its a wonder they even got them on the rim before they fell apart..You got screwed!! Id fight them and get it removed....Its amazing, drivers are now at fault for the common tire blow outs..:biggrin_25523:Drivers need to fight this kind of abuse.. Put it to them so hard their faces look like:biggrin_2555: when your though.. If you keep accepting it, theres no telling what will be tomorrow..Nobody can assume anything and put it on your DAC unless you let them.. Just read recaps on your second post...Burn them!!!!

6. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    The company can claim that you may have hit something to cause the blowout. I was charged with a preventable because I hit a curb to avoid a gate that I was told to exit through that wasn't designed for big trucks. I caught the sidewall on the steer on a rock when I jumped the curb to get the trailer through and got stuck there for a few hours until a tire truck showed up.

7. drfuller18

Jan 26, 2008
    Al
    Well they can claim all they want, but without proof they can only assume it might have happened..In your case you got messed up and it got you..But if your going down the road and a tire goes out..uh uh...most recaps give you a warranty of 30 days.. Some more, but its not a tire to be putting alot of faith in..Ive wore them out, and Ive watched them blow in 2 months..

8. rookietrucker

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Yes rainman I could understand if I hit a curb and blew a tire. The fact is, I had driven 6hrs and a 1.5 before this tire blew. I did a tire check. Thank goodness I still have my logs. because I hope this will be evidence of proof. When I write a nice letter for removal on my DAC.

9. drfuller18

Jan 26, 2008
    Al
    Are you working now? Do you know for a fact that its keeping you from getting a job?? Regardless you need it removed.. If you cant get it removed by DAC because of what the Co. is saying, and you cant obtain employment because of it..Its time for an Attorney..Find on who'll work with you on commission basis and sue them..On grounds of degragation of charcter..Even if it takes a lawyer just writing them a nasty letter..Theyd probably be glad to remove it so that you will not take them to the big show..:yes2557:

10. rookietrucker

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Nope, not driving at the moment. I'm looking for a job. I applied at Hornady and she was the first that told me this. Now I'm hesitate to apply further. I have typed a letter to USIS and requested a copy of my DAC.
    She did tell me that it won't be a problem with them and they would hire me. I just can't find anything on that company. I did start a thread asking about them but have not recieved any feedback. There rating is a pass on the stat site.

11. drfuller18

Jan 26, 2008
    Al
    Well if you can get a job thats good, but Id still go through the process to get it removed..Grains of sand make Mts..and once they turn into Mts. they are harder to move...Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.