Is anyone leased on to Mercer?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by chris_karr, Jan 17, 2019.

1. chris_karr

chris_karr Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I have a few questions, how old of a truck will Mercer allow you to lease on? Also, I love mt flatbed, so I fully intend on running flatbed, what have you averaged on your gross before expenses? How about net post expenses?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I'm leased on here. I could be wrong but I believe as long as your truck can run omnitracs Elog they dont have a limit on age.

Here is a thread you will likely get more answers if you post your question there.mercer transportation

chris_karr and blade Thank this.
  4. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    This forum at one time was full of Mercer drivers. I don’t think Mercer has a age limit but would have to pass there wonderful inspection. Also not to run you from the forum, but there are a few o/o’s on YouTube that probably covered most of your questions.

chris_karr Thanks this.
  5. A Keffer Inc.

A Keffer Inc. Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Moyock, NC
    I think they say 2000 is the age limit. If its a 1999 or older they won't allow it on. Thats what I read though, If you can hook up an Elog, they may allow you.

Hey Blade, how bad is their inspection? I have one or two very small oil leaks that don't really drip onto the ground, would they say anything about that? I'll probably fix it by then but just in case..

6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    It's pretty thorough. I would get everything you know is wrong fixed prior to coming. They do have mechanics not affiliated with Mercer that work on site who are reasonably priced.

A Keffer Inc. Thanks this.
  7. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    They say preference to 2000 or newer but if it can run omnittacs they consider it.

The inspection is regarded as better than a level 1.

blade Thanks this.
  8. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    Yep...just went thru it the other day...and, yes, the mechanics are very good and well priced!

blade Thanks this.
  9. deeblu

deeblu Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2013
    One of the Knowles mechanics said as long as it has an "electric motor" they can install a e-log. He said 1995 is about the cut off.

10. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Don’t lease on to Mercer. They are a bottom feeder carrier. Don’t learn the hard way like I did. There are a lot of good carriers out there. Lease on to one of those. Mercer is a terrible company.

11. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    So you went from 1 thread asking if they track trailers cause you wanna lease on, to this thread saying they bottom feeders lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.