Is Crete a decent company to work OTR for?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Moneyhungrytrucker, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. federal221

federal221 Heavy Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    And there not really good for the most part I had one decent asset manager rest don't know what there doing

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    **Bangs head.

I feel like putting on some kind of Rodney Dangerfield from the 80's show up in Crete and say is there a #### dispatcher around here in this neighborhood?

born&raisedintheusa and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  4. lowgear14

lowgear14 Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I have got a CPAP, and I have been using it for the last 2 years, and I can tell you right now. Crete cannot force me to buy one, when I already have one, and I absolutely love this one. To override opti-idle. Just bump up your cruise on your truck. They ask me why. I will say I didn't want my sleep to be disturbed, I'm trying to stay in compliance. I don't need no disturbance when the truck cuts on and off with my CPAP. If that's a problem. Tell me now. I will ask them that before I come over. I'm not going to waste their time or mine either. I got too much experience to be wasting my time on one. I would love to work for Crete, but I'm not going to play their game. They going to find out before I come over. It's call C.Y. A. If they say anything about it in orientation. You can say so and so said it was okay, and tell them who said it was, and give everything, and their rxtension, and say the name, and what their title, and that way you have covered yourself well. They're thinking, this guy covered his tracks very well. All these companies are going to cover their tracks.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Bumping the idle speed up doesn’t override the idle timer on every truck, that’s up to whoever programs the truck.
    And they have a list of CPAP machines you’re allowed to use,maybe yours is on it.

6. lowgear14

Jun 1, 2014

I'm just saying if I decide to come there to work. I am like someone else I like the idea to idle my truck because of my CPAP machine. I have a 100% usage out of it. That's well above DOT compliance.

7. Sustanon

Sustanon Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2010
    KY
    Yes its a very decent company to work:new trucks(strip down or not)2500-3000 mls a week,and high cpm.
    I worked for them twice,got terminated twice,as soon as someone become a liability its done deal,nothing personal,i meet drivers who live in this fantasy"oh the company cares about the drivers"and all that bs.My 1 year suspension will be over in a 3 months so i might come back,7 years i lasted,thats way more than the average.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Why not keep it simple and work for a company that has APU's on the trucks?

Aamcotrans and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA

10. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    They will put a dedicated inverter for your cpap machine

11. lowgear14

Jun 1, 2014
    Because Crete used to have APU's underneath their sleepers. How would you know about severe sleep apnea? Perhaps, this might be a conversation put out of your ballpark. After all, you're from China, since that's the name you chose to use in this forums. I would take a bowl of rice, please. If you don't mind, and thank you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.