Is farm2fleet still a viable option?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by The Crossword Trucker, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    If you read the thread linked earlier and are still talking about how "it might be a possibility" in the future to lease there: how badly do you want to fail at your new venture???
    "Under the right circumstances.." You'd sign up to work under someone, take on all the expenses and liability- and NOT GET PAID?

That, sir or madam, sounds like a very foolhardy plan.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Yea, PM Rollincoal and see how bad he got burned. He had been with them a long time. He had a couple cheer leaders who he paid, but a lot of people got burned

Terry270 Thanks this.
  4. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Like I said before, if this is just a rough patch and they end up back on top.
    I know drivers were very happy with them for years. Isnt it possible they could make a comeback?
    That thread does not have much current information.
    Do they still owe drivers money?

5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I was the 1st o/o they leased on years ago and stayed there almost 5 years until I couldn't take it anymore. If you drink cool aid they are gonna love you. I got tired of the #### and moved on. Get ready for a bunch of big talk and bluster about any and everything - none of it will ever go anywhere.

The downfall of that company was a combination of poor money management, general mismanagement overall, and the growth at any and all costs regardless that they had ZERO direct freight. They had some brokers circling around like wolves happy to take advantage of operators who didn't know any better those were the "customers". Many people quit because they didn't get paid and most of them are still owed money.

Yes, they are still in business. Playing with other people's money. And still leasing on any warm body. A revolving door of turnover. At one time they were good and had a good thing going. You've been warned.

6. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Thanks Rollin Coal, you are definitely a voice I want to hear from.
    Out of the five years, how many were good?
    Do you remember what year and month thinks started to go wrong?
    Just trying to get the whole picture here.

7. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    The last two and a half years was a down hill slide. Yes they do owe people money. This guy (see link below) was leased there as long as me and they still owe him $4,600 that they think they don't have to pay because he quit. He quit on good terms, did not steal or destroy anything. They filed bankruptcy... There are lots of stories like that...

Terry270 and passingthru69 Thank this.
  8. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
  9. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    @The Crossword Trucker, my advice is never lease on with a company that has a history of playing loose with the truckers money.

There are companies that tell the trucker how much the load pays, then they pay on time every time every dime.

10. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    The only way I would even consider leasing on there is if Bill and his wife no longer had anything to do with it. It's a shame what those two, specifically Bill, has done.

11. insertnamehere

insertnamehere Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Sounds like he has his mind made up, he'll be leased on over there watch and see.

Ruthless and 123456 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.