Is helping bad drivers through CDL tests to do with turnover?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by blindsidebacker4life, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    To answer the question the op put into the title, YES IT DOES.

The cdl is so easy to get, there is little real skills tested and written tests are as described by a cdl examiner made for fourth grade level of reading.

This opens the door for poor drivers which poor driver means high turnover.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    the theory in passing through not so good drivers is they figure they are going out with a trainer for 6 weeks and will learn

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Most can Learn. However some never get it. I had my Truck hit at a Truckstop a few yrs ago. The guy backed up like he hadn’t a clue. When I asked he said He’s been Driving 10 yrs. I actually felt bad for him. Made a cash settlement ( his idea not mine). It’s a reminder to Me to stay away from other Trucks while on the road. I can’t afford their mistakes involving My Truck.

CJ701 Thanks this.
  5. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I cant speak to your training or your driving abilities, regardless of the name of the school.

But I can tell you I once got a temp job because I was the first person that was able to pass a drug test during 3 weeks of them trying to find a driver.

I don’t know what they spent on drug test. But I know they paid me a months wages for about 10 days work. And provided meals and hotel rooms.

Warm bodies that can pass a drug test are what most companies want.

CJ701 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.