Is it Boring to Drive a Truck?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by minniehaha, Aug 1, 2012.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yes it is very boring. when you can set the cruise control and bungee cord the steering wheel, and take a nap, you will see what i mean...

bigguns, x1Heavy and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    People ask me all the time how I can stand it ?Driving’s so boring. They have no idea what’s all involved.Every trip is not only a challenge to accomplish but an adventure. I’ve always enjoyed driving.Some people hate it.Ive met many a factory worker that told me they did it for a couple years. Now they’re so happy to back at the factory.I can’t imagine.Everyones different. It may sound rude but I truly believe only boring people get bored.All the variables of a trip can have you on an emotional rollercoaster. It’s like anything else it is what you make it.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    One Kentucky gal pulled up next to me in the night. Maybe she was bored.

Let's say that neither of us was bored anymore for oh.. 20 miles or so. She was something. A little too naughty for my taste. But eh.... I guess certain persons have to be.. showboats. Or somehow get their jollies teasing truckers.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Last month I noticed an old car at a small Junkyard. After talking to the old man a while I noticed the old articles on his wall. Joking I asked if that was him when he was young? He replied yes. Reading the articles I was amazed to be talking to the first person to break the 7 second barrier in a front engine dragster in 1965!! It was pretty cool. Told him wish I could stay and hear more but had to make my pick up. Boring? If your not into cars maybe. Made my day

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Is it boring driving a truck?

Well, after 17 years so far I couldn’t see myself doing anything else.

x1Heavy and Jay5GS Thank this.
  7. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Driving a truck is like rainbows, and unicorns. Everyday is different. And you keep searching for that mythical pot of gold. To buy a unicorn.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, the solitude alone makes it worth it.

x1Heavy and Oldironfan Thank this.
  9. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    It is dependent upon the person. If you enjoy driving on long trips, like being paid to see the country, and waking up in a different place every morning, freedom from a cubicle, a boss breathing down your neck, and so forth. Than No trucking is not boring.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I listen to intelligent podcasts, read, surf the internet when I'm stopped. Feed your brain, and you'll always be entertained.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  11. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Governed trucks, "fleet management systems" integrated into the ELD's, and micro-managing companies pretty much eliminate most of what you just said for a vast number of drivers...especially new to the job.

Revenue-hungry states and overzealous LEO's cut into the fun for the rest of us who aren't micro-managed or have electronic babysitters, and have wide open trucks.

Rideandrepair and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.