Is it legal? What would you do?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by rabbiporkchop, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I was at work the other day doing a drop and hook at a customer and I just happened to turn the radio on to channel 17 and I heard this terrible sound coming out of my speaker and I figured I'd record it for posterity and humor and posted the recording on YouTube.
    Now the guy is leaving me threatening comments and threatening to sue me in court for invading his privacy and exposing reality and he wants me to remove the video from YouTube. What would you do?

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    JReding and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Freedom of Speech within a public domain?!? You didn't "bug" his cellphone, you're good. Wow, just wow, tho.

You know WAY more about CB's than many of us on here, man. You're good; I'd say. If he wanted privacy, should've done test'n'tune at a shop, huh?!

Blaskowitz, rawe and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  4. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    You should read the comments at the bottom of the video as the drama unfolds it's pretty funny.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Ha, I need a good laugh, gonna go do that now, LoL. Can't post tho, I'm not on YT or FB.. would show the wife's name and all hell ensues... i'll do read only~! ;)

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Rabbi, you are in the wrong, you should at least posted ten videos, not one.

OMG this is BS, you were part of the conversation on public airways and there is no right to privacy - PERIOD.

What I suggest you do is this - IGNORE the ***hole and just move on.

If he files a complaint with YOUTUBE, and they contact you, remind them that it is unregulated public airways are just that, public and unregulated and you don't need permission to record anything on it and post it because if you did, then they would have to banned many of the other members who post videos.

7. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Marc B is a dum ###....hahahahaah!!

8. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    That's not his real name. Dave W had to create a new account with a fake name to comment on that video.
    That same guy threatened to sue me for my cartoon picture of him trying to say a picture of his face is copyrighted material.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017
    Reason for edit: Last name removed
    fargonaz, Blaskowitz and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  9. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    OMFG. What an ### hat. He can't even spell. I guess my name would be Tomr. LoL. BANNED and back. ( i subscribed under the wife's acct, lol... )

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2017
    Reason for edit: Skirtinh
    rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    The guy is obviously a total idiot. If someone can't say something to your face their just all yak yak behind your back.. That guy should get a life. If thats the kind of thing that gets him all worked up.

11. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Okay, I gotta know... been worked up all nite around here, with "nonsensical" posts. WHICH guy should get a life?!? @rabbiporkchop or the cross poster on the CB / YT???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.